Job title: Assistant Dairy Plant Manager
Company: Smith Brothers Farms
Expected salary: $90000 – 100000 per year
Location: Kent, WA
Assistant Dairy Plant Manager Job Details:
Smith Brothers Farms is a privately held family business located in Kent, WA. We have been committed to producing and delivering milk to homes, schools and business in the Puget Sound area for more than 100 years. We take great pride in our company—our products, our people, our customers and our heritage. We are committed to providing Washington families with the freshest milk and other fine grocery products. Join us as we propel our company into the next 100 years!
The Assistant Dairy Plant Manager will work collaboratively with our Dairy Plant Manger to oversee all daily operations of the plant including milk receiving, dairy processing, dairy packaging and sanitation, ensures policies and procedures are followed which maximize work productivity, employee safety and food safety. The primary responsibility for this role is to learn from and support the Dairy Plant Manager. This role will be an active participant in identification of systemic improvements needed for establishing overall operations stability and driving improvement for key objectives. Canidates must have the right to work in the US.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for ensuring SBF produces safe, quality and legal food.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Actively involved in new hire onboarding and training, including standing up our performance-based training system for employees in the dairy plant.
- Learn and oversee plant activities including raw milk ordering, raw receiving, processing, packaging and sanitation of all plant products and equipment.
- Provide the day-to-day operational leadership for dairy plant personnel.
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Ensures the fulfillment of customer orders within the specifications of quality, quantity and cost.
- Leads compliance with all Safe Quality Food and Food Safety requirements for the plant.
- Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Federal and State guidelines.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, SQF, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.)
- Develop, monitor and ensure timely completion of plant goals/action plans, both short and long term.
- Develop and maintain Production work instructions, SOP’s and SSOP’s.
- Operates the plant in accordance with corporate and plant policies, customer requirements, approved budgets.
- Provide leadership and sets objectives for the plant based on corporate goals and customer needs.
- Communicate plant production related requirements and solutions to the relevant departments.
- Analysis of plant results, discussing areas of concern with the management team
- Manage and train employees, including hiring, performance management, etc. Train, mentor and coach team members; building adaptable and flexible teams in a union environment.
- Identify process bottlenecks; recommend and implement solutions for process flow improvement to include capabilities for growth and lead reengineering efforts.
- Define and manage to key performance metrics, including labor productivity, out-of-stock rate, product waste rate.
- Partner and collaborate internal and external managers and vendors, building strong business relationships.
- Practice and support all Standard Operating Procedures, Safe Chemical Handling procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Safety is an essential function of every position. Wear appropriate safety gear always. Be aware of your surroundings. Report all near misses, on the job injuries and safety concerns.
- Perform all other duties when requested or as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field of study.
- 3 + years of hands-on experience managing a dairy plant food manufacturing operation with a union workforce preferred OR 5 + years in a food and beverage production manager role.
- Software proficiency as it relates to general business functions, management systems and supply chain activities preferred.
- Full time, 40 to 50 hours a week.
- Flexible shifts with potential for nights, weekends, holidays coverage as needed.
- A typical fluid dairy plant environment with time spent in an office environment as well at time in a noisy and active cold storage warehouse environment.
Canidates must have the right to work in the US.
Apply for the job now!