Job title: Assistant Manager
Company: Tractor Supply Company
Location: Demopolis, AL
Assistant Manager Job Details:
Overall Job Summary
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for proficiency in all areas of a specialty retail farm and ranch store. The Assistant Store Manager serves as the second in charge of operations to the Store Manager. Duties include delivering a Legendary Customer Experience, providing leadership and direction to the store team, and performing operational activities throughout the store. The Assistant Store Manager is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Do you love the life out here and want to share it with others? At Tractor Supply we strive to make the life out here a little bit better each day for both our neighbors and our teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime, as dictated by business needs.
- Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by following and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Deliver on our promise of Legendary Customer Service through GURA:
- Greet the Customer.
- Uncover Customer’s Needs & Wants.
- Recommend Product Solutions.
- Ask to Add Value & Appreciate the Customer.
- Proficient in all Team Leader and Receiver functions.
- Create and foster a welcoming environment and sense of belonging in the Store. Ensure that the power of diversity, equity and inclusion is experienced everyday across our Team Members, Customers, Suppliers and Communities. Ensure Team Members mirror the communities the Store serves. Ensure a supportive and engaging experience for Team Members and Customers by fostering different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, ideas and innovative thinking.
- The Assistant Store Manager is required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every person in this position be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
- Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving sales and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and delegating of daily tasks.
- Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling, hiring/staffing decisions, scheduling, Team Member training including product knowledge development, appropriate application of policies and procedures and encouragement of continuous learning, and maintaining a productive work environment.
- Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
- Transport and make deposits to the bank.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a positive shopping experience.
- Ensure the customer has a Legendary shopping experience that differentiates from the competition.
- Champion the Customer Experience in the store and execute the role of the GURA Sales Leader.
- Lead freight movement, and support merchandising initiatives, feed management, and inventory control.
- Operate cash register/computer.
- Supervise cash handling procedures.
- Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm calls as needed.
- Operate Forklift and Baler.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of birds. Sanitize and maintain poultry holding tanks and care for birds as required.
- Assist customers with loading purchases.
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Previous retail leadership experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver’s license.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred. Regardless of education level, you must be able to read, write, and count accurately.
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of Team Members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise.
- Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines
- This position is non-sedentary.
- It is essential that Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely.
- It is essential to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Team members must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper MHE (e.g. pallet jack, forklift, etc.)
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders for up to 12 hours.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to handle and be in contact with birds/poultry.
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane (propane certification and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of 18).
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
- Ability to drive or operate a vehicle for business needs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor
ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall – they’re the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the bedrock on which we build our culture. They’re the core of who we are and the foundation of every decision we make. It’s not just what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success, which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority. Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Apply for the job now!