Job title: Bus Devlpmt & Deliv Specialist
Company: Tractor Supply Company
Location: Mansura, LA
Bus Devlpmt & Deliv Specialist Job Details:
Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for initiating new business, building customer relationships, recommending products to meet the needs of the customer and delivering purchased merchandise to customers in the assigned market while meeting scheduling and quality standards. The Specialist will provide customer service through building trusted relationships, offering seasoned advice, ensuring safe delivery of the product, resolving problems and handling product returns as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
3. Use sales reporting to identify opportunities for GURA with top customers.
4. Reach out to existing customers to offer GURA and delivery services. – what are they not currently using us for?
5. Maintain up to date knowledge base of products.
6. Research local market to identify businesses and potential customers who are not current shoppers.
7. Build additional business through unsolicited phone calls or in person visits with potential customers.
8. Complete on the spot sales.
9. Achieve monthly sales quota requirements.
10. Represent the company at community events as a brand ambassador in the community
11. Operate and maintain a delivery vehicle and delivery equipment including a trailer at times.
12. Prepare merchandise for delivery, including assembly and loading into the vehicle.
13. Deliver merchandise to a customer’s home, barn or property per the customer requirements, ensuring delivery procedures and documentation are completed.
14. Ensure all safety procedures are followed.
15. Accept returns from customers with a positive attitude.
16. Report customer concerns to Manager and work to resolve any issues.
17. Ensure merchandise being delivered is in good condition.
18. Perform store to store transfer of products as needed.
3+ years of experience required
Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
High Demand IT Specialized Skills
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must have good driving record.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to navigate and read a map.
- Ability to use GPS and mapping software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ability to move large, bulky and or heavy merchandise.
- Ability to use and maneuver a pallet jack.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Calendar.
- Ability to communicate with Customers and Stores to schedule delivery services.
- Ability to drive in all kinds of weather and road conditions.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise.
- Ability to constantly operate a forklift.
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack).
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall – they’re the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the bedrock on which we build our culture. They’re the core of who we are and the foundation of every decision we make. It’s not just what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success, which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority. Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Apply for the job now!