Job title: Business Development Professional
Company: Flying S Title & Escrow
Location: Bozeman, MT
Business Development Professional Job Details:
Flying S Title and Escrow is a subsidiary of Title Financial Corporation (TFC). We are seeking a Business Development Professional to join our team in Bozeman, MT. TFC is a family-owned company providing Title and Escrow Services Since 1905. We pride ourselves on taking great people and growing and developing them with employees who have spent their entire careers with us!
If you want to work for a company where Everyone Counts, is committed to doing the Right Thing, Takes the Smart Risk, believes Attitude is Everything, and Everyone has the Opportunity to Make a Difference, then keep reading.
The ideal team member:
- Previous experience with marketing and sales, preferably with Title & Escrow, Real Estate, Financial, or other related industries.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a passion for customer service and sales.
- Has excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Google or Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic to advanced computer skills, including demonstrated ability to learn new programs.
- Assertive and vigorous in acquiring new business.
- Availability to attend community events, including weekends and evenings.
- Has a valid driver’s license and can operate a company car or personal vehicle for business purposes with the ability to pass an MVR.
About the position
This position reports to the Vice President / County Manager.
The Business Development Professional is responsible for increasing sales. The position has a large focus on relationship building and professionally promotes products and services to new and existing customers. This position also assists the County Manager in the development and execution of a Business Development Plan (BDP). Participates in all sales and marketing functions in accordance with the Business Development Plan. Follows corporate policies, government regulations, and sound business practices. Consistently practice excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Makes sales calls and contacts each day, including visits to achieve specific objectives.
- Coordinates and conducts planned seminars, real estate presentations, marketing events, and other sales and marketing efforts.
- Carries out individual personal selling efforts to obtain new title and escrow orders through scheduled appointments with prospects (producers of title/escrow business). These appointments include, but are not limited to, lunches, coffee, dinner, attendance at special events, real estate office presentations, real estate open houses, marketing meetings, training events, and more.
- Operates within the budget for the business development plan and their individual selling efforts as approved by the County Manager.
- Maintains an accurate calendar of all appointments and events, an accurate journal of all calls, contacts, and appointments, and up an up-to-date customer database.
- Establishes and maintains a positive company image among existing and potential clients.
- Respond to customer questions or channel inquiries to the proper personnel.
- Develops expert knowledge of company products and marketing/sales tools.
- Collaborates with management to analyze and define the market for customer growth. Effectively maintains a market analysis defining the total market, company market share, competitor’s market share, and available market.
- Coordinates sales efforts within the office and other employees by facilitating appointments to develop personal relationships with producers of title/escrow business.
- Collaborates with other employees to implement office activities and promotions in conjunction with the monthly corporate marketing campaign.
- Participates in civic and community organizations’ meetings and events as a means to identify additional sales or business opportunities. Share event information with the office.
- Must support corporate values, mission, purpose, goals, and culture.
- Must adhere to all company policies and standards, including the expectation of prompt, predictable, and regular attendance.
- Use a company vehicle or personal vehicle to travel within the market with some out-of-area travel for training, conferences, and other business needs.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to pass an MVR and background check.
- Montana Producers License is required and must be retained. (If currently do not have a Producer License it must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.)
- Notary. (If currently do not have a Notary, it must be obtained within 90 days of starting position and must be retained)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of related experience is required.
- Previous experience in title and escrow, banking, or an office environment is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- In-person or phone communication is required.
- Ability to operate a company or personal vehicle and work in and outside of the office, including travel within and outside of the area assigned.
Competitive benefits plan including paid medical, dental, and vision for company employees with some contribution toward spouse or dependent coverage. In addition, we offer a 401(k) with a competitive discretionary match, discount on closing fees, early paycheck access, and voluntary plans, including accident, hospital, and pet insurance plans! New employees accrue up to three weeks of Flexible Time Off, plus employees are eligible for 11 paid holidays from day one of employment.
Flying S Title and Escrow and TFC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of the position. Applicants offered a position must be able to pass a pre-employment background and MVR check.
Apply for the job now!