Job Position: General Laborer
Location: Hartford, WI, 53027, USA
Employment type: Part Time
Salary: $17 Per Hour
Careers in Agriculture General Laborer Quad Job:
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference in their career. The starting wage ranges between $16 – $17 / hour, with an extra $.75 when working nights. There are immediate opportunities to advance and multiple upward paths available. One of Quad’s largest mega plants is located in Hartford, which is ranked as one of the safest and fastest-growing WI cities and one of the safest communities for raising kids. The Hartford plant is CLIMATE CONTROLled and home to cutting-edge equipment and technology, as well as recreational outdoor activities like disc golf, sand volleyball, and horseshoes.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company that is one of the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. They are closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of their employees, candidates, customers, and communities. Quad in Hartford is seeking Part-Time General Laborer employees to join them in the Press and Finishing Departments. A minimum of one (1) -12-hour shift worked per week is required (either 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. – 7 a.m.). The hours you schedule are not guaranteed based on the production floor workload and those that have night and weekend availability are highly desirable.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Remove the product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed products by stacking them onto pallets, transferring them to tables & placing them into a collator hopper or mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift, or Forklift (training provided).
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
Careers in Agriculture General Laborer Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Printing, factory or other mechanical work experience is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer/manipulate touch screens.
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement.
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60 lbs) as needed.
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (from 5-30 lbs.) of a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer to a tabletop work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job needs.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced, detail-orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Apply Now and also check out Department of Agriculture Require Farmer Tractor Operator in USA.