Job title: Client Consulting Manager
Location: New York City, NY
Client Consulting Manager Job Details:
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Client Consulting Manager will be a key member of Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA), a team within Visa Advisory Services that drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Team within VCA provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s clients in the United States. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
We are currently looking for a Client Consulting Manager to join our consulting practice and play a role in developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with issuers, acquirers, merchants, or co-brand partners. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner. Ideal candidates will have management consulting, corporate strategy and banking, and/or payments experience.
Potential engagements could include product development, program launch, customer acquisition, customer / merchant life cycle optimization, retention enhancement, benchmark analysis, profitability enhancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with teams in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with issuers, merchants and cobrand partners.
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with clients.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios and merchant engagement in their core business
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., merchants sales and solutions, marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals and segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization. This is an individual contributor role, reporting into a Director or Sr. Director within VCA.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
Local Law 144 Notice for New York City Resident Applicants: For some requisitions, automated employment decision tools (“AEDTs”) may be used as part of the assessment process to assist our recruiters in the initial evaluation of your application. If your application is submitted pursuant to New York City Local Law 144, you may request an alternative assessment from the recruiter. Please visit the to learn how we may collect, process, or retain your professional and employment information for recruiting purposes.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD. UR Only: MBA/ PhD degree without experience.
- Relevant experience at large management consulting firm or as a leader of large issuer or co-brand portfolios
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes, marketing initiatives and card acquiring experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Team player
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends and applications
This position does not offer sponsorship/immigration assistance.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 130,500.00 to 170,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Apply for the job now!