Job title: Doctor
Company: Cobalt Cattle Company, LLC
Location: Eckley, CO
Doctor Job Details:
FLSA Classification: Hourly – Agriculture Worker Overtime Exemption
Reports to: Doctor
Identifies and doctors sick cattle and ensures that all livestock are handled in a professional and humane manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Work closely with consultants to optimize cattle performance.
- Doctor sick cattle in the manner prescribed by the Head Doctor or Cattle Manager.
- Handle cattle in a manner to minimize stress.
- Report substandard conditions in their area to Head Doctor or Cattle Manager.
- Administer injections and/or other treatments according to the protocol.
- Document all cattle movements and drug treatments by the established procedure.
- Participates in quality and safety processes.
- Participate and/or perform animal necropsies to determine cause of death.
- Maintain all medications and medical supplies stored at the hospitals per direction of Head Doctor.
- Keep health records in Walco.
- Notify personnel responsible for end of day reports when doctoring is done for the day.
- Perform housekeeping duties as assigned by Head Doctor.
- Ensure compliance with all ISO/HACCP and OSHA/Safety procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment.
- High attendance and punctual.
- Consciousness to preserve organizational resources.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Strong ethics, ability to treat people with respect; work with integrity.
- Ability to take initiative and start tasks on own, or ask for and offer help when needed.
- Demonstrate sound and accurate judgment.
- Possess strong oral communication; Listen and get clarification; respond well to questions.
- Demonstrate ability to follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Strong organizational skills and aptitude.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Show a strong desire to, continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, airborne particles and vibration.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud.
- Regularly required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required education and experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-3 month’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Adequate horsemanship skills
Preferred education and experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Some herdsmen skills or the ability and desire to learn the skill.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Must be self motivated, innovative, and adaptable.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Valid driver license.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Cobalt Cattle Company participates in E-Verify. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Cobalt Cattle Company, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer
Note: Specific statements in each section of this Job Description are not intended to be an all-inclusive explanation of work to be performed. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Nothing in this document restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. Employees are expected to perform any and all duties as assigned to the levels expected by management. This job requires regular and predictable attendance. The Employee’s signature below is only an acknowledgment of receipt and understanding of the job description and in no way alters the Employee’s “at will” employment, and neither implies nor constitutes a contract of employment for a definite period of time.
Apply for the job now!