Job title: Forklift Driver – Multiple shifts
Company: Shoreline Fruit
Location: Williamsburg, MI
Forklift Driver – Multiple shifts Job Details:
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
Shoreline Fruit is the largest tart cherry producer in North America operating nearly 7000 acres of cherry orchards right here in Michigan, growing and processing over 40 million pounds of cherries each year. We are a grower owned company built from two families’ stories filled with pride and hard work that continues to grow in its reach of customers here and around the globe. Working at our production facility, you will be joining the team that processes the finest cherry products and other dried fruits available anywhere in the world. We are dedicated to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, people, and in becoming a better employer every day.
We are searching for an experienced forklift driver to join our team and help continue to build a better workplace every day, and we have multiple shifts of opportunity! If this sounds like you and you wish to be part of an ever improving process, keep reading and hit the apply button at the bottom.
Day Shift: 6:50 a.m. 7:00 p.m. in a 4-day on, 4-day off rotating cycle. (4 day vacation every week!)
Night Shift: 6:50 p.m. 7:00 a.m. in a 4-day on, 4-day off rotating cycle. (4 day vacation every week!)
Day/Night Shift: Working Tuesday – Friday, 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm, 7pm-7am) (3 day weekend and overtime pay each week!)
Salary and Benefits: We offer good pay, great benefits, and cool incentives – a complete career package.
- Starting pay: $15-$17/hr plus a $1.00 per hour shift premium for night shift
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurances and Flexible Spending Accounts available after 60 days of employment
- 401K w/company matching available after 6 months
- Two weeks paid-time-off accrual starts at hire date and can be used after 60 days of employment
- Voluntary overtime is available
- Safely operating a forklift working as a team to move raw and finished goods materials in the production, packaging, storage, and concentrate divisions of Shoreline Fruit.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- The Forklift operator is first expected to operate the forklift and other equipment in a safe and efficient manner following company procedures and processes.
- Moving infusion bins, pallets, totes both empty and full to production lines, infusion rooms, concentrate division and storage areas to include coolers, and docks.
- Staging product and packaging materials for drier and pack lines.
- Assemble and stage empty WIP product totes.
- Complete required documentation verifying WIP tote weights in an accurate and timely manner.
- Clean and sanitize bins when required.
- Remove waste product emptying into a compactor.
- Usage of computer to set average weights of infused fruit.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping pallet area and workstations neat.
- Conducts consistent visual inspection of finished product removing any foreign or extraneous matter to include pits and stems.
- Be an incredible team mate and help different areas of production when needed.
- Ensure prompt start time at the beginning of shift and after breaks. Adhere to applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of a folk lift test, to obtain forklift license with Shoreline fruit.
- Successful completion of Shoreline Fruit Fork Lift Qualifications and training program.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Spatial awareness
- Able to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Capable of working independently without supervision.
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills.
- Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required if possess appropriate skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Job requires getting on and off the fork lift regularly throughout the shift.
Location: 10106 US-31, Williamsburg, MI 49690
Shoreline Fruit is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where we all feel we belong.
Apply for the job now!