Job title: Forklift Operator
Company: Farm Boy
Location: Ottawa, ON
Forklift Operator Job Details:
At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food shopping experience and ensuring that we deliver on our commitments.
As we continue to grow within Ontario, Farm Boy is excited to welcome new team members that share our passion for providing the best fresh shopping experience!
This position is responsible for contributing to the coordinated efforts of preparing and distributing products to our retail stores. The performance of the duties must align with all Food Safety standards, and ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Responsible for accurately picking orders using a scanner system and to provide training to new employees on the scanning system.
- Sort delivered products complete inventory moves.
- Performs daily inventory counts by warehouse break.
- Accurately prepares orders for delivery and ensure that all orders have proper documentation and are stacked in the proper order.
- Ensures that product is rotated properly at all times to maintain quality and freshness.
- Maintains receiving equipment, receiving area, cooler and storage facilities to ensure they are safe, clean and organized.
- Strictly observes adherence to all health and safety procedures and dress code to ensure safety of staff and surroundings.
- Ensure that all suppliers and drivers are treated in a reasonable and fair manner.
- Responsible for the disposal of collected garbage and perform janitorial duties and required.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Typically requires 1 to 2 years of experience in a related position in a warehouse setting.
- Experience operating scanners and motorized equipment including Ride on pallet jacks, Walkie equipment and Order pickers.
- Ability to work from directives with little supervision.
- Good physical fitness.
- Superior standards of cleanliness and service.
- Superior time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to recognize cleaning requirements and equipment maintenance.
- Fluency in both official languages shall be considered an asset.
Work & Sensory Environment:
- Unavoidable exposure to dangerous or unpleasant environmental elements such as noise, dirt, dust, vibration and extreme temperatures.
- Prolonged exposure to cool, damp working conditions.
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Required to wear cumbersome protective clothing or equipment during shift.
- Required to lift, carry or handle heavy objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Must be capable of climbing, reaching, lifting, twisting and bending for prolonged periods of time.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Apply for the job now!