Job Position: General Farm Hand
Location: Roma region, Queensland, 4455, Australia
Employment type: Full Time
Cereal cropping, trade cattle, and developing feedlot aggregation, are owned and managed by a well-regarded family.
Excellent opportunity to join a well-resourced company on the Western Darling Downs with a strong focus on teamwork and utilizing the latest farming technology and industry research available. This position is located on cereal cropping, trade cattle, and developing feedlot aggregation, owned and managed by a well-regarded family in the Roma region.
General Farm Hand Job
We are currently seeking a General Farm Hand to join their team located 36 km from Roma. This hands-on role reports to the property owner and will provide valuable assistance to the team across all aspects of the aggregation including the operation of the latest generation of farming machinery for all cropping operations, all livestock activities, and the development and maintenance of property infrastructure.
General Farm Hand Benefits
This company prides itself on staff retention and creating a positive and collaborative work environment. A very attractive remuneration package is offered + bonus scheme + recently renovated family home (4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms + large deck), school bus + electricity + work vehicle + opportunity to gain your truck licence.
Roma is a well serviced rural center with plenty to offer families and singles and is home to Australia’s largest livestock selling center holding weekly sales, a variety of educational facilities with schools from P-12, a new hospital with visiting specialists, and flights to Brisbane.
- Be able to participate as a member of the team and contribute to the overall achievement of the aggregation’s objectives
- Be proactive and have a passion for the agricultural industry
- Experience in a similar role, with good knowledge of crop production and excellent livestock handling and animal husbandry practices
- Experience operating and maintaining farm machinery
- Have well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Truck license preferred or willing to obtain (paid by employer)
- Work collaboratively with the team and property owner to achieve the goals of the aggregation
- Assist team to ensure smooth operation of all day to day farm activities
- Operation of modern John Deere machinery and trucks for all aspects of crop production
- Assist with all livestock activities including mustering with motorbikes or quads
- General shed work, servicing, and maintenance of machinery, plant, and equipment
- Development and maintenance of property infrastructure