Job title: Grimes Box Truck Delivery Driver/Helper
Company: York Enterprises, INC DBA Diamond-Y Deliveries
Location: Grimes, IA
Grimes Box Truck Delivery Driver/Helper Job Details:
NOW HIRING ASAP
Diamond-Y Deliveries is an Amazon XL Delivery Service Partner that delivers large to x-large packages on-time to customers, safely and without damage. Delivery Service Partners (DSPs) provide contracted delivery services to Amazon and are independent employers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, national origin, race, color, disability, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. Screenings are required to be considered for employment.
Amazon Station – 200 SE 37th Street, Grimes, Iowa 50111
XL Delivery Drivers- $20.00/Hr. then $20.50Hr. after 6 months of employment. Incremental raises.
XL Delivery Helpers- $17.00/Hr. then $17.50/Hr. after 6 months of employment. Incremental raises.
Monday- Saturday: (Sundays off until our peak season during late November through early January. Schedule is on a rotating basis. All rotations are 4 days of 10-hour shifts, with Sunday and two days together, off.)
- XL Delivery Drivers & Helpers: Arrive at the station promptly during your scheduled wave (Starting between 7:30am to 8:30am and go until end of route.)
- All routes are scheduled for 10 hours, but most finish early.
- Performance Bonus ensures 40-hour week pay, even when working less hours (certain criteria must be met.)
Benefits start after your 30-day probationary period. PTO & EAP start accruing from day 1 of employment
- Personal Time Off (PTO-80hrs/year, 120hrs cap)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Weekly Performance Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vison Insurance.
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Working Holidays
- Matching 401K after tenure
- Attendance, extra shift, and additional Bonuses based on merit.
XL Delivery Driver & Helper Position Description
XL Delivery Drivers and Helpers, deliver XL Amazon products to customers homes. Delivery Service Partners (DSPs) provide contracted delivery services to Amazon and are independent employers.
What You’ll Do (XL Delivery Driver & Helper)
- Drive/ride in a DOT regulated box truck, as a 2-person team, delivering products to your community (150-mile radius) with the assistance of a ride along Helper.
- Lift and navigate products into delivery locations safely and with care of various products including furniture, grills, and sporting equipment, etc.
- Interact with Amazon customers and the public in a professional and positive manner.
- Take quality photos of packages left in safe locations with the customer for verification of deliveries.
- Loading/unloading, preparing, inspecting for mechanical items, and check for safety concerns on the delivery vehicle.
- Use handheld device for routing information, customer delivery information, following specific GPS routes for your truck size, and scanning of packages.
- Stand, sit, stretch, kneel, crouch, get in/out of the box trucks and walk up/down flights of stairs without restraint or difficulty.
What You’ll Need (XL Delivery Driver & Helper)
- No previous experience needed. Training will be provided.
- Will need to follow simple delivery instructions.
- Must be at least 21 years old (Drivers) or 18 years old (Helpers) and legally authorized to work in the US.
- Must have a valid Iowa driver’s license, successfully complete a DOT physical and obtain a Medical Certification Card. (Drivers)
- Follow a mapped delivery route, track and report working hours and breaks at appropriate times, adhere to all safety policies, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance with all weather and conditions.
- Must be able to maneuver boxes weighing between 70 and 500lbs. (team lift), with or without reasonable accommodation. (Will be working in a team environment with a helper and have furniture straps, dollies, etc. to assist for each delivery.)
- Must be able to maneuver boxes weighing between 70 and 500lbs. (team lift), with or without reasonable accommodation. (Will be working in a team environment with a driver/helper and have furniture straps, dollies, etc. to assist for each delivery.)
- Familiarity or hands-on experience with GPS devices, smart phones, and E-Mail.
- Reliable transportation to the delivery station.
Apply for the job now!