Job title: Information Services Representative
Company: University of Toronto
Expected salary: $33493 per year
Location: Toronto, ON
Information Services Representative Job Details:
Date Posted: 08/02/2023
Req ID: 33208
Faculty/Division: VP & Provost
Department: Hart House
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00054939
About Us – Hart House
Hart House is a centre for experiential education outside the classroom at the University of Toronto. Since it opened in 1919, Hart House functions as a place where students, faculty,staff, alumni and members of the broader community connect with each other and the world. Through an array of co-curricular programming in the arts, dialogue and wellness, Hart House works with local and international partners to foster community and to create innovative learning opportunities for students. Hart House operates from a historic facility on the St. George campus, as well as a 150-acre farm in Caledon, Ontario, offering a wide range of services through a social enterprise model that generates revenue to support its student-focused programming on all three University of Toronto campuses.
About Us – Information Services
The Information HUB is a dynamic focal point within Hart House where administrative functions related to a widerange of services and sales – e.g., registration for classes, memberships and other service offerings for Hart House, ticket sales for Hart House Theatre, reservations for the Hart House Fitness Centre – as well as providing general information about Hart House and the university, are performed. The Information Hub provides our diverse community an open door, welcoming them to enjoy a multitude of activities and services at Hart House.
The Information Services Representative is directly supervised by the Information and Client Services Supervisor and plays a role in supporting the Information Service team.
The incumbent will work in close collaboration with the Information Services Associates and Fitness, Wellness and Recreation team to this end with a focus on the facilitation of strong customer service at service points within the building. They will also be responsible to support non-appointed staff.
The incumbent will act as the first point of contact for general inquiries and will be providing routine and detailed information on programs and events. They will direct information to visitors on eligibility requirements, procedures, and policies for Hart House facilities.
The incumbent will be responsible for collating and organizing materials, maintaining emergency contact lists, booking rooms, ensuring responsiveness to inquiries, and maintaining daily reports. They will also handle incoming and outgoing mailand deliveries and liaise with facilities or caretaking staff to address any building issues.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for general inquiries, providing routine information on programs, events, and eligibility requirements
- Applying established standards when responding to emergencies and redirecting inquiries as appropriate
- Booking rooms and arranging accommodations, ensuring efficient and appropriate use of spaces
- Resolving minor complaints within the scope of the role and referring larger issues to the appropriate channels
- Checking eligibility of students to access the facility and maintaining control over the distribution of access to designated University spaces
- Supporting the Information Services team in promoting programs and services to internal and external contacts
- Conducting regular checks and balancing financial transactions against sales
- Assisting with registrations, maintaining databases, and generating reports
- High School Diploma or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in customer service
- Excellent personal and human relation skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite. Keyboarding skills. Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn Fusion software to maintain membership database and online registrations is essential
- Must be able to work collaboratively and professionally as part of a team while also being capable to work independently when required
- An energetic individual who enjoys the challenge of work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, demonstrated conflict management skills and good judgment and initiative
- Strong sales orientation
- Accuracy along with the ability to multi-task is essential
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion in all work responsibilities and in collaborative workplace practices
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience with Fusion and/or Audience View a notable asset
- Experience with POS equipment
- Experience in a higher education context is preferred
- Second or more languages would be an asset
- Experience or knowledge in fitness, health or recreation promotion
- Knowledge and experience of for the University of Toronto and/or Hart House programs and services
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Possess a positive attitude
- Team player
Closing Date: 08/15/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Term This is a 8-month term role.
Schedule: Part-Time This is a Part-Time 80% FTE role. Hours are evenings and nights from Sunday to Thursday.
Pro-Rated Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 03 — $33,493 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $42,833. Pay scaleand job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay EquityMaintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Maggie Ng
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
Apply for the job now!