Job title: Intermediate Permitting Specialist
Company: Ensero Solutions
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Intermediate Permitting Specialist Job Details:
Intermediate Permitting Specialist III
Vancouver, BC; Saskatoon, SK; Whitehorse, YT; Remote – Full-Time Permanent
Ensero Solutions is an environmental consulting and remediation business with specific expertise in environmental assessments, active/passive water treatment, microbiological testing, and turnkey remediation services for the mining industry and broader industrial sectors. At Ensero, we get the opportunity to make a positive impact on the environment and people’s lives. We’re building a culture where people can grow their careers and are challenged to solve our client’s toughest environmental problems.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Intermediate Permitting Specialist III is responsible for supporting and leading the delivery of activities related to environmental regulatory and environmental assessment projects in the mining sector.
- Leads all activities related to environmental assessments and permit applications for Ensero projects and clients with support from Senior technical SME’s.
- Provides direction and assists the performance of Ensero’s environmental planning, reclamation/ remediation, and water treatment projects.
- Develops integrated project schedule including critical path for the end-to-end tasks and activities necessary to successfully implement projects.
- Conducts summary reporting and technical reporting for internal and external (e.g. regulatory applications) requirements, and generally leads development of environmental assessment and regulatory applications.
- Analyzes and interprets environmental data.
- Work collaboratively with the Assessment and Engineering teams and proactively identify opportunities to improve project environmental design aspects and streamline regulatory processes.
- Provides technical direction in area(s) of expertise to support projects, and to support development of junior technical staff.
- Leads the development of technical deliverables and programs in area(s) of expertise.
- Provide corporate technical support to Ensero projects with regard to environmental compliance, governance and permitting.
- Interacts and liaises with clients and assessors.
- Interface and communicate with various levels of government, stakeholders and communities to advance permitting activities.
- Keep abreast of existing and pending legislation and regulation changes which may impact Ensero projects or our client’s projects. Coordinate and disseminate regulatory information within the company.
- Supports the writing and development of client proposals and explores business development opportunities in mining and other sectors.
- Mentors junior staff; and
- Other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science (biology, hydrogeology, hydrology, wildlife, geology).
- 7+ years relevant experience in mining or environmental consulting with knowledge and experience with Yukon impact assessment and licensing regime for resource development projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Profession designation or eligible for a professional designation (P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Ag, P.Biol, RFP) considered an asset.
Ensero Solutions believes in a diverse working environment and a culture where differences are
Apply for the job now!