Job title: Internship- Software Engineer- iOS
Company: Leggett & Platt
Location: Lenexa, KS
Internship- Software Engineer- iOS Job Details:
Leggett & Platt is seeking a Software Engineer Intern – iOS to join our development team at the IDEA Center in Lenexa, Kansas. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a close-knit team in a global organization. This role will help build the next generation of smart sleep products. We are seeking someone with high attention to detail, who is teachable, and a flexible team player.
If you are looking to gain real engineering experience while you are in school, then this is the internship for you! Our internships are not clerk positions. We provide the opportunity for you to gain real professional experience.
Candidates must be able to commit to work at least 20 hours per week during the school year, with the possibility of additional hours during the summer months, depending upon experience and need.
What you will be doing as Software Engineer Intern – iOS
- Work very closely with senior engineers to develop mobile applications to be used both by internal teams and our customers.
- Develop native mobile applications and libraries using Swift and SwiftUI languages.
- Implement unit tests as part of the design.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate/graduate degree program in Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with and/or published apps to the Apple Appstore.
- Experience in create, maintain, and consume swift packages.
- Good understanding of Swift and SwiftUI languages.
- Experience/Familiarity in developing native mobile applications and libraries.
- Understand RESTful API concepts and development.
- Familiarity with git and other technical collaboration tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, dependability)
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We’re actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at
Apply for the job now!