Job title: Laboratory Manager, Liberal, KS
Company: National Beef Packing Company
Location: Liberal, KS
Laboratory Manager, Liberal, KS Job Details:
Position Type: Salaried Full Time
Find your future with National Beef!
National Beef Company of Liberal, Kansas is seeking to hire a qualified professional to join our Technical Services team as Laboratory Manager. With competitive pay and benefits, National Beef could be your next career move!
Competitive Wages and Benefits:
- Family-friendly benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401 (k) with Company match
- Employee meat purchase program
Laboratory Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of laboratory duties for National Beef Packing
- Provide leadership in the area of laboratory testing methodologies and provide direction to laboratory management (inside and outside labs) to help facilitate R&D of methods
- Provide support as needed in new technologies and interventions in the food safety arena
- Provide direction and oversight into the total National Beef Packing microbiological testing plan
- Provide direction, oversight and communication to National Beef packing management regarding all microbial data generated form internal or external labs
- Maintain strong liaison with all levels of National Beef Packing management to facilitate the resolution of problems
- Determine FSC fiscal requirements, prepare budgets, monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds
- Maintain appropriate staffing and ensure the quality of personnel in lab
- Ensure all company policies are followed and exercise discipline to lab personnel as required
- Other duties as assigned
This is a safety sensitive position. This is not a remote position.
Qualified candidates for the Laboratory Manager position should possess the following:
- Should have Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology, chemistry or meat science with previous lab management experience
- Should show strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Should be an “out of the box” thinker
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Have expertise in a variety of field’s, concepts, practices and procedures
- Have experience in leading and directing the work of others
- Have a wide degree of latitude and creativity
- Be able to typically report and interface with top management
- Be a problem solver
- Have good understanding and aptitude for business
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
National Beef is a leader in producing fresh, chilled and further processed beef products for customers in the U.S. and worldwide. We offer a variety of employment opportunities in our production, packaging, and hide tanning facilities that stretch from the western plains to the east coast. We strive to be the preferred employer in every one of those communities, whether it’s measured by the number of people employed or the good we do in the area. We invite you to join our family, wherever you call home.
National Beef is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, natural origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, or status as a disabled individual.
Apply for the job now!