Job title: Laboratory Technician
Company: ST genetics
Location: Shawano, WI
Laboratory Technician Job Details:
Job Title: Lab Technician
Location: Shawano, WI
Reports to: Lab Supervisor
The Lab Technician will utilize a solid foundation of basic laboratory techniques and experience, such as flow cytometry and sperm physiology. Under the supervision of the Lab Manager, the Lab Technician will learn how to operate several sorting units at one time. The Lab Technician will provide training to other individuals who may be assigned to the laboratory on a regular or temporary basis. The Lab Technician may be assigned independent projects and may also participate in the creation of special projects.
This position is for 3rd shift 10pm-6am, Monday – Friday, no weekends. *There will be a pay differential provided for the evening shifts.
STgenetics® is the worldwide leader in Sexed Semen and Embryo production. ST is well known around the globe as one of the top sources for assistance in locating and exporting quality semen, embryos, and livestock from the United States. ST through the experience of its staff specializes in helping find quality livestock, semen, and embryos for placement domestically and internationally.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts and communicate with all team members in a professional manner.
- Operate and maintain sorters. Operates lab computers for data entry.
- Participate in daily production of sexed semen with emphasis on sterility and semen quality.
- Perform daily job duties to include sorter startup, calibration, sort setup and shutdown. In addition, sorter cleaning, sterilization and bacterial testing.
- Use sterile techniques at all times to avoid contaminating any laboratory areas, samples or instrumentation.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, email, internet, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or test reports.
- Use and comply with universal safety precautions to protect self and co-workers from biohazardous materials.
- Exhibit proper handling of potentially hazardous chemical and biological agents and/or radiation sources in the workplace.
- Monitor inventory levels and proper storage of materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Keep current on knowledge of vendors and suppliers of materials specific to the laboratory requirements.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor s Degree preferred
- 2+ years related experience or equivalent education
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
STgenetics® is an Affirmative Action EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
STgenetics® participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
STgenetics® is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at STgenetics® via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at STgenetics® in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of STgenetics®. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by STgenetics®.
Apply for the job now!