Job title: Line Cook, Maligne Lake (Summer 2023)
Company: Banff Jasper Collection
Location: Jasper, AB
Line Cook, Maligne Lake (Summer 2023) Job Details:
The starting wage for this position is $18.50/hour + $1/hour retention bonus
What will be your daily pursuit?
To deliver a high-quality food experience that energizes the body, mind and soul, fueling our guests and staff for adventure!
What perks can you expect?
- Work in a dynamic, culturally diverse team from around the globe
- Seasonal work experience in iconic, unforgettable, and inspiring locations
- Full-time work of 35+ hours weekly across the summer season
- Fast-paced and active position – get your step counter ready!
- The chance to work in an inclusive culture and make life-long friends
- Opportunities for career growth or future work at other Pursuit locations
- Access to one of the world’s most beautiful and iconic National Parks
What will you do in this job?
The Line Cook will provide excellent hospitality experiences through the careful preparation and cooking of food items while offering friendly and professional interaction with our guests and team members.
This is a multi-faceted position and can include any, or all, of the following:
- Daily maintenance, organization and cleanliness of all kitchen areas, food preparation equipment and storage facilities
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables
- Clean and cut meats, fish and poultry
- Prepare, season and cook foods such as soups, salads, meat, fish, gravies, vegetables, desserts, sauces and casseroles
- Preparation of meals in a manner consistent with recipes and health codes
- Carve meats, prepare portions on plates and add gravies, sauces and garnish to servings
- Prepare items for buffets
- Prepare any special dietary dishes as required
- Stocking and maintenance of product level as directed by the sous chef, head chef.
- Serving on the cafeteria line as required (Maligne Lake)
- Completing food prep work, dishwashing and garbage/recycling sorting duties as required
- Communicate with co-workers and management, forwarding observations and comments in a timely fashion
- Uphold the high standard of environmental stewardship expected for all employees
- Ensures that work environment is safe and free of hazards
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
What skills and experience do you need for this job?
- Previous cooking experience required
- Completion of a culinary certificate or equivalent in work experience, an asset
- Mature, energetic, dependable and self-motivated
- Highly organized with a great sense of attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events
- Food Safe required
- Enjoy working with a team in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working on your feet for extended periods of time in both an indoor and outdoor environment. Be prepared for all weather conditions (Snow, Rain, Wind, Hail)
- Must meet the Organization grooming and appearance standards
- To honor our commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record check
What will your work environment be like?
This fun summer job starts immiedately and runs until October 2023!
- Beautiful. You’ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring locations. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
- Independent. You’ll spend your days in and around National Parks
- Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog. Connect with friends around a bonfire instead of through WiFi
- Busy. You need to be prepared for a physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Pursuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pursuit values diverse backgrounds and experience and we welcome all who are eligible to work in Canada to apply! We thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Apply for the job now!