Job title: Logistics Coordinator
Company: Norsat International
Location: Richmond, BC
Logistics Coordinator Job Details:
Why Join Norsat International Inc.?
We have an innovative and outstanding team of industry professionals who drive our ongoing success at Norsat International Inc. We strive to offer a supportive, inclusive and nurturing environment that helps our employees expand their careers and reach their highest potential.
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for maintaining and coordinating the timely shipment of products from our warehouse to the customer. You will manage all aspects of filling and shipping orders daily with strict KPI for on-time shipping.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage traffic to/from US/International borders;
- Prepare daily released shipments, including inventory picking, label printing and packaging;
- Prepare customs paperwork for importation/exportation of US/International shipments;
- Addresses and resolves any issues with delayed shipments;
- Continually review and monitor freight costs, and transportation rates to keep costs down where possible;
- Ensures that all shipping and ordering deadlines are met;
- Freight movement Inquires/Methods of shipping and shipping quotations;
- Select carriers for transportation and negotiate rates and contracts with carriers;
- Address and resolve shipment and inventory issues;
- Coordinate and train staff in the logistics department;
- Streamline shipping/receiving/kitting processes;
- Comply with all regulations, laws, policies, and ISO requirements;
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving;
- Identify process bottlenecks and suggest solutions for improvement;
- Organize and manage inventory, storage, and transportation;
- Coordinate cycle counting process;
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3-5 years of shipping, receiving, warehouse, and inventory experience;
- A valid forklift license is an asset;
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft NAV is a plus;
- Experience with FedEx and UPS terminals is highly desirable;
- Experience in preparing Custom/brokers paperwork for importation/exportation into/from Canada and US/International shipments;
- Experience with inventory control;
- Experience using Microsoft Office .
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation days;
- 5 paid sick days;
- 100% paid by employer comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, life & more (coverage varies);
- 4% RRSP matching;
- Up to an annual maximum of $2,000 per year professional development fund for designations and accreditations;
- 100% reimbursed for job-related training;
- On-going training available;
- Flexible hours of work based on position;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Employee Award Program;
- Plenty of on-site and street parking & a bus stop right in front of the office (bus 405, 410, 416);
- Leisure areas in the office, employees are encouraged to have some fun! (i.e., ping pong table, foosball, Wii, tabletop games, card games).
- Employee events & initiatives: company BBQs, field trips, annual summer event, free snacks events, lunchroom has free flow of coffees & teas.
Please note that benefits may vary by location and employment status.
Applicants must hold either a Canadian citizenship, Canadian Permanent Residency, or Work/ Study Permit. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance for work authorization.
Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio, and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable satellite components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations, and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Reports to: Demand Planning Manager
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
The Company values a diverse workplace where equal employment opportunities are available and commits to practicing a fair recruitment and hiring process in which all candidates are considered on the basis of their skills, abilities, and fit with the Company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, and physical or mental disability.
More information about our accessible workplace, including disability accommodations, are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility; thus, all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters please.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!