Job title: Manager, Billings and Collections
Expected salary: $112004.97 – 132778.78 per year
Location: Baker Lake, NU
Manager, Billings and Collections Job Details:
Energize your career in the Arctic!
Find your next exciting adventure in the Canadian Arctic! Join our team of highly motivated and experienced industry professionals as we provide safe, reliable, and affordable power across Nunavut.
Working in Nunavut
Nunavut is Canada’s newest and largest territory and has the fastest growing economy in the country. With breathtaking landscapes and amazing adventure opportunities, you will find excitement not only in your career, but in your free time as well. If the thought of dog sledding, snowmobiling, kayaking, ice fishing, or exploring a rich culture filled with distinct artwork and music sounds enticing, Nunavut is the place for you.
Qulliq Energy Corporation
Qulliq Energy Corporation (QEC) is entrusted to provide safe, reliable power to all customers in Nunavut. Owned by the Government of Nunavut and operated as an arms-length territorial corporation, QEC is the sole provider of electricity and district heating in Nunavut. In comparison to other utilities in Canada, QEC faces unique challenges as it operates 25 stand-alone diesel power generation facilities and distribution systems located in each of the territory’s communities.
Manager, Billings and Collections (QEC-23-032)
Baker Lake, Nunavut
Reporting to the VP Finance/ CFO, the Manager, Billings and Collections is responsible for the planning, coordination, and administration of the Customer Care division. The position oversees the functional areas of the division, including billings, accounts receivables, collections, and customer care. Ensures all work performed within the Customer Care division is in accordance with all applicable acts and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, schedules, assigns, and supervises employees engaged in billings, accounts receivables, collections, and customer care.
- Ensures the provision of efficient, high quality and responsive service to the Corporation’s clients and responds to escalated customer care inquiries.
- Manages the process for billings and reconciliations of subsidy programs.
- Implements and maintains quality control processes to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of recording of revenue, receivables, and receipts.
- Monitors billings, collections, and account receivables.
- Maintains and manages the customer security deposits sub-ledger.
- Manages collection procedures in accordance with QEC’s Terms & Conditions of Service.
- Prepares various statistical reports such as those related to billings vs. generation comparisons, generation vs. fuel consumption, number of days in receivables, etc.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Professional accounting designation or extensive practical experience with GAAP and significant progression toward completion of accounting designation.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in customer service and collections, including at least four (4) years supervising staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software is an asset.
- Experience in a regulated environment is an asset.
- Experience in a utility environment is an asset.
A combination of education and equivalent experience may be considered.
We offer a competitive starting salary range of $112,004.97 to $132,778.78 and a northern living allowance of $24, 281.00 per annum. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a defined-benefit pension program. In addition, subsidized staff housing is available for this position. This position is not included in the Nunavut Employee’s Union.
Preference will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
To apply, send your application by email to: .
Apply in writing by October 13, 2023.
Applications for this competition may be considered for future employment opportunities with QEC.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Apply for the job now!