Job title: Marketing Coordinator
Location: Ashburn, VA
Marketing Coordinator Job Details:
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The U.S. Client Marketing Coordinator role will support the implementation of marketing programs on behalf of Visa clients. Types of marketing programs include research & insights, lifecycle marketing, creative/content development, channel delivery (email, digital) and sponsorship marketing. This individual will support Visa’s relationships with issuer (financial institutions), fintech, processor and merchant clients.
The Marketing Coordinator must be able to thrive in a dynamic, highly matrixed environment. This individual will be results-oriented, flexible, and have a ‘can do’, positive attitude. Additionally, this individual must have a consistent track record working cross-functionally to implement marketing campaigns on time and within budget to achieve business objectives. The Marketing Coordinator should be detail-oriented with strong project management and presentation skills.
- Develop marketing project kick off materials to include business objectives, scope, deliverables, timeline and budget.
- Manage cross-functional team (internal stakeholders, agency partners, vendors) to agreed upon scope, timelines and budget.
- Schedule and lead project status calls with cross-functional working team to assess progress, communicate risks and problem solve as needed to ensure on-time delivery within budget.
- Maintain project management tracker, distribute meeting minutes and escalate project risks as needed.
- Brief and mange agency partners on project deliverables, review creative and/or content and integrate Visa marketing insights and best practices into deliverables where relevant.
- Present marketing deliverables (e.g., marketing strategy, creative concepts, media plans, sponsorship activations, experiential concepts etc.) to client for review/approval.
- Manage day to day interactions/updates with Client to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, facilitate client reviews/approvals on project deliverables.
- Develop and present project wrap reports to client and executives.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Marketing or advertising experience working with issuers, merchants, processors or fintechs
- Experience working for and/or managing creative agencies and third-party vendors to execute marketing campaigns
- 2-4 years marketing experience, with majority in marketing campaign management
- Strong project management skills and experience coordinating cross functional, end-to-end projects that included a high level of detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to get work done on time and within budget
- Self-starter who can operate independently as needed while managing multiple projects
- Experience running meetings with internal and external clients
- Strong relationship management skills and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 100,200.00 to 127,800.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Apply for the job now!