Job title: Mining Tire Technician (fly-in/fly-out) (Kamloops)
Company: Fountain Tire
Expected salary: $70000 – 90000 per year
Location: Kamloops, BC
Mining Tire Technician (fly-in/fly-out) (Kamloops) Job Details:
Fountain Tire is looking for experienced and reliable Mining Tire Technicians (Kamloops) to join our growing mining division.
What do we offer?
At Fountain Tire, you’ll have a great place to work:
- Competitive market wages ($70,000-$90,000)
- Paid travel expenses including ALL flights to and from the mine site from your location
- Comprehensive benefit programs for you and your family
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
As an important member of our Mining Service Team the Mining Tire Technician’s will work a scheduled shift (4 days/week for 10hrs/day) at a local mine. The successful candidate will:
- Install, balance, rotate, and repair passenger, light truck, medium truck, farm, industrial and OTR tires, and wheels in a safe and efficient manner as directed by the scope of service contract
- Complete comprehensive tire reports, which may include detail of tire history, average tire hours, tire costs per hour per fleet or per tire size, monthly and year to date costs, cause of failures, and tire budget projects for each year
- Plan suggested schedule tire rotation in coordination with site maintenance personnel and maintain all tire records in accordance with computerized tracking systems; this includes managing tire rotations to maximize tire and equipment performance
- Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire. This includes adhering to jurisdiction’s Mines Act and client safety procedures and regulations
- Employment contingent on successful pre-access drug test
- 1+ years experience of tire service, experience working with passenger, light truck, medium truck, farm, industrial, and OTR tires, specialty tire services, and wheels
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Valid Class 5 license
- Ability to lift 25+ kilograms
- Ability to fly in to remote working locations on a scheduled shift and work in any weather condition
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers; this includes good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract from province of residence.