Job title: Pharmacy Case Worker
Company: Bayshore HealthCare
Location: Saint John, NB
Pharmacy Case Worker Job Details:
About the Role
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Case Worker works under the guidance of the Pharmacist to process prescription refills, private third party billing, interacts with Patient Assistant Programs, prepare infusion clinic meds, and patient scheduling. The Pharmacy Case Worker may also be required to assist with preparing medications and monitor inventory.
A Day in the Life
- Assist the pharmacist in maintaining federal, provincial, and local laws, accrediting body standards, and Policies and Procedures (P&Ps).
- Schedules patient for repeat medications
- Assists the pharmacist in entering prescriptions into the prescription software (Kroll), and filling/billing such prescriptions
- Assists the pharmacist in filling refill medications through the prescription software (Kroll)
- Communicates with patients regarding their third party insurance provider, or ODB, to resolved billing issues
- Communicates with patients’ third party plans, or ODB, to troubleshoot rejected claims
- Assists the pharmacist in maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Performs physical inventories according to (P&Ps)
- Communicates appropriately with all members of the healthcare team.
- Documents appropriately according to P&Ps, all activities using required paperwork (logs)
- Participates in Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance activities education programs and department/branch meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team
- Pharmacy Assistant Certificate/Diploma from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Experience in a busy community pharmacy setting or specialty pharmacy setting is preferred
- Organized and disciplined; strong computer skills
Apply for the job now!