Job title: Produce Supervisor
Company: Federated Co-operatives
Location: Edmonton, AB
Produce Supervisor Job Details:
The Grocery People (TGP) is hiring a Produce Supervisor on a permanent basis, onsite in Edmonton, AB. We are a business who strives to make a positive difference in our members’ lives and are looking for someone to work and grow with us by building relationships, working with our team, and delivering solutions that matter.
What you’ll do:
- You will organize, coordinate, and direct the operations of the produce and dairy departments.
- You will review sales, margins, expenses, and develop action plans to correct deficiencies.
- Develop work schedules for team members to ensure all work is completed and wage cost targets are maintained and enter the data into KRONOS.
- Conduct safety investigations and ensure WCB forms submitted as soon as possible when required.
- Assist the Food Manager in recruitment and training of new employees, and manage performance through appraisals, progressive discipline, and the rewarding of positive behavior. Develop employees KPI’s for future promotional opportunities.
Why it matters:
Our commitment to our members and the community means that we strive to make a positive impact every day. We believe that our success should be shared, and we work hard to create value for our communities.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in and:
- Have a Grade 12 education.
- Have 5+ years of retail experience coupled with minimum 2-3 years of leadership experience preferred (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered).
- Have excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and become a member of a highly motivated team.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us via
. All information received will be kept confidential. * If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply online or contact us at
for more information. * We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
- Please note that safety-sensitive positions will require pre-employment alcohol and substance testing.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We’re working to create a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve and an environment where every team member brings their whole self to work. We believe all candidates should feel at home with us and be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process.
Apply for the job now!