Job title: Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Amherst, NS
Quality Assurance Technician Job Details:
Ready For a Tasty New Challenge?
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for monitoring raw material, all processes and finished product to ensure compliance with regulations, Quality Management System requirements, specifications, Good Manufacturing Practices and quality standards.
To be successful in the role you must be flexible to various shifts (Shift: 12 hr: 6am – 6pm or 6pm to 6am including weekends, 4 shifts a week), enjoy a fast-paced environment and have a quality first mindset.
What Wonderbrands Offers:
- Wonderbrands believes in Home Grown Talent and accelerated career growth
- Competitive Compensation, Health, and Dental Benefits
- Pension plan with matching contribution
- Quarterly incentive program
- Discount program that covers almost everything under the sun – Restaurants, gyms, shopping, etc.
- Execution of Quality Systems and Programs, including program compliance and training at the bakery level
- Manages product specifications and documentation
- Responsible for Quality testing including examining raw materials, process and finished products to ensure they comply with quality and food safety standards
- Conducts sampling for microbiological and/ or analytical testing and sensory evaluation
- Supports product trials and first production runs
- Accountable for preparation and participation in all internal/ third party/ CFIA and/or FDA audits
- Conducts GMP inspections and internal audits
- Completes various quality reporting tasks including trend analysis, shift reports and non-conformance
- Supports and drives a strong culture of Food Safety and Quality within the bakery
- Partners with the operations teams working collaboratively to deliver against our business goals
- Other duties as assigned.
- A. Sc./Diploma in Food Science, Microbiology, process engineering or related discipline.
- Passion for quality and food safety
- Flexibility to work alternate schedules and on some Saturdays
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a food safety and quality or sanitation in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of HACCP/FSMA/SFC, food industry GMP’s, GFSI, BRC Standards, Quality, Regulatory requirements and basic food microbiology
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills and ability to contribute to a team environment
- Functionally competent in MS Office programs in particular Excel previous experience with SAP is an asset
- Operates with a continuous improvement mindset and has a proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication in English (French an asset)
What is the recipe for a great career at Wonderbrands
Wonderbrands is a leading Canadian bakery with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads. We are the makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa. We have a network of 13 Bakery Manufacturing facilities across Canada.
Wonderbrands, now part of the FGF Brands Group of companies, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading-edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are heavily focused on embracing an entrepreneurial drive and a highly collaborative start up culture with an emphasis on cross-functional collaboration.
Apply for the job now!