Job title: Refrigeration Apprenticeship Program – Perth Metro
Company: Woolworths Group
Location: Perth, WA
Refrigeration Apprenticeship Program – Perth Metro Job Details:
- Whether you’re looking for a new career path or first step into the workforce this is a great opportunity with no experience required
- Get paid to work and study
- You will gain a nationally accredited Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration and develop your skills to become a qualified refrigeration technician
- Finishing school this year? No problem, all roles will commence in January 2024
We Are Woolworths Group
We are Woolworths Group. 200,000+ bright minds, passionate hearts and unique perspectives connected by a shared Purpose – ‘to create better experiences together for a better tomorrow.’ It’s that Purpose that fuels our ambition to explore new ideas, make brave commitments and innovate better ways to meet the food and everyday needs of more than 24 million customers every week.
If you’re excited to turn today’s blue sky thinking into a better tomorrow for future generations, you’ll find yourself supported and enriched in a dynamic, inclusive and empowering workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve. With a culture of genuine care, a flexible approach to work and opportunities across the group to grow your career and make a meaningful impact, the possibilities for what we can achieve together are endless.
Welcome to Woolworths 360
We’re the national team of 1,000 bright minds designing, developing and innovating the retail stores of the future across construction, operations, sustainability, data, refrigeration, and everything in between. United by a passion for bringing fresh food and great experiences to our customers every day, our ‘Best in, Better out’ mentality guides our decisions and puts customers at the heart of all we do. Every day we’re reimagining and reinventing our stores, innovating new fulfilment processes, and developing simpler, smarter and more sustainable solutions to future proof our network and fight for a healthier planet.
What you’ll experience
As an Apprentice Refrigeration Technician with Woolworths, you join our friendly team in a four-year program. What are the perks?
- Gain experience with the latest global refrigeration technologies
- Join one of Australia’s largest refrigeration employers where we put safety, our team and customers first
- Gain exposure to the installation and service of refrigeration systems
- Learn from experts in the field, feel encouraged to contribute and share what you learn, with ongoing support and training
- Feel like you can bring your whole self to work in an environment where people feel a sense of belonging, can contribute ideas and feel valued
- Team discounts across a range of Woolworths Group brands
- A global business with endless career opportunities
What you’ll bring
- We’re looking for people who bring a passion to learn the trade, a keen attitude and a focus on our customers
- Some of our Apprentices studied Certificate II in Electrotechnology prior to applying, though not everyone has to have this qualification
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to the full Apprenticeship lifecycle (4 years) incorporating on and off job training including study commitments
- An ability to travel to different sites, including from site to site throughout the day
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High attention to detail with good numerical and mechanical reasoning skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- You must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or other eligible visa holder for an Australian Apprenticeship
- Ideally you will have a full drivers licence or be motivated to gain your full licence
Should you be successful in progressing with your application you will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Team by the end of October. Part of this application process means you may be required to complete an online psychometric assessment, panel interviews and medical and background checks.
Still got questions, contact us at email@example.com
Platinum Tier Employer – Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion
Employer of Choice for Gender Equality – Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
Everyone belongs at Woolworths Group
We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are key to realising our purpose of better together for a better tomorrow. We recognise the value our team’s diversity brings to our business, our customers and our communities, and that teams with diverse experiences and backgrounds enrich our group and are better able to innovate and solve problems.
We are proud that 35% of our apprentice technicians are women.
As one of the largest employers in Australia and New Zealand, we aim to create a truly inclusive workplace where everyone feels that they belong, can be their best self and reach their full potential.
We encourage all candidates to apply, please let us know in your application if we can support you with any adjustments in the hiring process.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on or see more opportunities via .
Apply for the job now!