Job title: Senior Broker – Property
Company: Willis Towers Watson
Location: Montreal, QC
Senior Broker – Property Job Details:
The Senior Broker serves as the primary liaison between insurers and clients. This person is responsible for managing major client relationships, deploying placement expertise and helping to drive revenue growth within the assigned office. The Senior Broker serves in a senior role on major accounts.
This role advises clients/strategizes/provides expertise on difficult-to-place business, performs policy contract reviews, negotiates competitive terms and conditions, assists in establishing placement strategy for region, acts as a thought leader and contributes to business growth objectives. This position may act as a mentor to Junior Brokers and Brokers on smaller accounts.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Provide knowledge, leadership, insight and direction for broking activities to ensure that clients’ expectations are regularly met. This role incorporates a wide level of expertise, but always assumes the broker is capable of handling accounts independently. The size and complexity of the account can vary. More experienced brokers may be responsible for training and supervising Associate Brokers. Responsible to ensure that relevant regulatory and technical standards are met; helps drive the broking team to achieve agreed operational and financial goals and objectives.
- Orchestrate new business placement, renewals and alterations of existing coverage.
- Develop, review and deliver presentations to secure new, and build on existing, relationships.
- Review and evaluate information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks to support the placement of client risks in the market.
- Research and evaluate all solutions (insurance and otherwise) to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Provide coverage and program design advice and expertise to client; perform needs and gap analysis to make recommendations regarding program improvements.
- Build strong partnerships with a broad range of organizations and stakeholders in the market in order to secure optimum terms and conditions for clients.
- Set priorities and standards for the broking function and regularly review and evaluate the performance of the function to ensure it is relevant and cutting edge.
- Work closely with associates to stay on top of changes in the marketplace.
- Oversee design and preparation of draft proposals; negotiate and finalize of carrier quotes, terms and conditions and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Bind carrier quotes and review binders and coverage confirmations.
- Request/attend and participate in regular client and underwriter meetings.
- Conduct program peer reviews.
- Provide coaching to brokers in training.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years industry experience
- Insurance Broker license in home province required; other provincial licenses a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French for all candidates residing in Quebec
- Strong group presentation skills (written and verbal); ability to drive complex/technical conversations and engage at executive level.
- Relationship management and customer focus; ability to leverage internal and external relationships to bring WTW resources and assets tailored to client needs; ability to drive conflict resolution.
- Negotiation skills: ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to do complex deals, drive consensus across internal and external stakeholders to close deals.
- Business acumen: knowledge of strategy, tactics and solutions for the client, and/or in the marketplace.
- Project Management; ability to drive end to end oversight of large, complex, ambiguous or multi-dimensional projects.
- Receptive to feedback; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; high adaptability.
- Knowledge of end-to-end insurance process, including process owners and rationale/purpose of key steps.
- Strong leadership skills; effectively advocates for change. Provides encouragement, takes control of team projects, leads key work areas and collaborates with others. Provides clear guidance to ensure others fulfill roles effectively.
- Insurance technical skills; ability to apply knowledge of coverage forms in analysis of program design, identification of coverage gaps and ongoing coverage consultation. Ability to interpret, analyze and present models.
- Technology acumen – ability to utilize technology-based record management systems; basic Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with other relevant online tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for the job now!