Job title: Senior Project Engineer
Company: Dow Chemical
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Senior Project Engineer Job Details:
At Dow, we believe in putting people first and we’re passionate about delivering integrity, respect and safety to our customers, our employees and the planet.
Our people are at the heart of our solutions. They reflect the communities we live in and the world where we do business. Their diversity is our strength. We’re a community of relentless problem solvers that offers the daily opportunity to contribute with your perspective, transform industries and shape the future. Our purpose is simple – to deliver a sustainable future for the world through science and collaboration. If you’re looking for a challenge and meaningful role, you’re in the right place.
About you and this role
Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer at our Fort Saskatchewan, AB site! The Senior Project Engineer leads the engineering activities for capital and expense projects through the Front End Loading, Detailed Design, Construction and Start up phases of the project cycles. Serves as a lead for the multi-discipline engineering effort for a capital project or as a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Project Lead. Leads the engineering effort on intermediate or smaller large projects. Works on projects globally, including M&A and Divestitures, typically limited to single plant or business implementations and tend to be repeatable MET implementations and require fewer cross-functional resources and limited management of 3rd party contracts/POs. This role requires expanded conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Drives project execution and coach team on application of the Global Project Methodology (GPM) work process.
- Provides overall planning and organization during design and construction.
- Develops staffing plans.
- Coordinates all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Leads the project execution planning including contracting strategy development.
- Analyzes project risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Initiates, monitors, and updates the project schedule and estimate. Closely monitors project cost and progress. Manages change to established scope and baselines.
- Identifies and takes corrective action to ensure the project goals for cycle-time, cost, and quality are met.
- Delivers as-built and operations/maintenance documentation to the facility.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required or relevant military experience at or above a U.S. E6 or Canadian Petty Officer 2nd Class or Sergeant ranking.
- A minimum of 3 years of project, engineering, manufacturing, or related experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company support or sponsorship.
- Note: This position does not offer relocation assistance
Benefits – What Dow offers you
We invest in you.
Dow invests in total rewards programs to help you manage all aspects of you: your pay, your health, your life, your future, and your career. You bring your background, talent and perspective to work every day. Dow rewards that commitment by investing in your total wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights of what you would be offered as a Dow employee:
- Equitable and market-competitive base pay and bonus opportunity across our global markets, along with locally relevant incentives.
- Benefits and programs to support your physical, mental and emotional well-being, to help you get the care you need…when you need it.
- Competitive retirement program that may include company-provided benefits, savings opportunities, financial planning and educational resources to help you achieve your long term financial-goals.
- Become a Dow shareholder through various employee stock programs.
- Opportunities to learn and grow through training and mentoring, work experiences, community involvement and team building.
- Workplace culture empowering role-based flexibility to maximize personal productivity and balance personal needs.
- Global Paid Time Off (PTO) policies:
- Paid time off for new parents (birthing and non-birthing, including adoptive and foster parents).
- Paid time off to care for family members who are sick or injured.
- Paid time off to support volunteering and Employee Resource Group’s (ERG) participation.
Join our team, we can make a difference together.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit or follow on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on .
At Dow, diversity and inclusion are inherent in our work environment. We are committed to building a vibrant, diverse and talented employee base – and helping each employee grow and develop as part of Dow’s inclusive global community. Dow has an accommodation process in place to support employees with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR (833-693-6947) and select option 8.
Apply for the job now!