Job title: Senior Structural Engineer, P.Eng
Company: Mid-South Engineering
Location: Richmond, BC
Senior Structural Engineer, P.Eng Job Details:
Mid-South Engineering is a full-service engineering firm primarily focused on large-scale industrial projects serving wood products, biomass, bioenergy, pulp & paper markets among many others. We are actively seeking a Senior Structural Engineer, P.Eng, to join our team of talented people to help continue our tradition of innovation and market leadership. This position is in Richmond, BC.
A Senior Structural Engineer, P.E. at Mid-South leads a structural design project team to create world class designs for large greenfield and brownfield projects along with a variety of smaller capital projects in heavy industrial environments related to building products such as the production of lumber and wood panel products and projects supporting renewable energy such as the production of wood pellets.
Your primary role will be to support project execution as a project structural technical lead and discipline engineer for a variety of projects of varying size and complexity. You will oversee the structural team for the evaluation, design, and specification of structural and foundation systems for projects, verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices adapting to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
How you Will Make a Positive Impact:
- Manage project work and deliverables
- Team Development and Training
- Prepare structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design codes and standards (e.g., NBC, BCBC, CSIC, IBC, ACI, AISC, ASCE)
- Prepare drawings, specifications, proposals, and construction cost estimates for a variety of new construction and retrofit applications
- Oversee development of design drawings with help of drafting/design staff using Autodesk Revit, and AutoCAD
- Lead structural design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion meeting project needs and requirements set forth by the Project Managers
- Model and analyze of structures and foundations using RISA 3D, RISA Foundation, RISA Connection, Hilti Profis
- Design of equipment support structures for process equipment
- Design of foundations for pre-engineered metal buildings, large equipment, radial cranes, sub-steel structures. Familiarity with all conventional shallow and deep foundation systems
- Design of masonry and light framed construction office buildings and MCC rooms Perform field work to obtain field dimensions and obtain existing drawing information in support of project deliverables
- Review shop drawings and vendor submittals
- Review and respond to contractor requests for information
- Collaborate with project team to develop and issue study reports, construction drawings and technical specifications for civil/structural trades
- Interface with clients, vendors, and contractors to develop scopes of work, engineering man hour estimates, proposals, design criteria and conceptual/final designs
- Develop construction quantities and estimate construction costs
- Participate in development of project schedule, scope, and staffing plan. Coordinate constructability reviews
The Value You Bring:
- P. Eng. Designation (or eligibility for registration with EGBC)
- 10 years’ experience as a Structural Engineer
- Experience leading a team of Designers and Engineers
- Project Management or Task Management skills, PMP is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of AutoCAD (both 2-D and 3-D), Revit, RISA or similar structural design software
- Expert knowledge of commonly used structural concepts, practices, codes, standards and procedures within the structural engineering services industry
- Knowledge and experience to solve complex projects and find non-standard design solutions
- Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to large industrial facility constructability as applied to construction methods and materials
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to the structural engineering practice
- Ability to build effective relationships with existing clients and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are achieved
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Mid-South is pleased to offer the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available to employees and their dependents
- RRSP – Employer match contribution at 50% of your contribution percentage, up to 3% of annual earnings
- Annual paid time of (PTO) based on experience and company policy
- 12 paid scheduled holidays per calendar year
- Up to $5,250 per year tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Up to $300 per year in Wellness Activity Reimbursement
- Annual reimbursement for safety boots and safety glasses based on the nature of the job
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities, and activities. It is intended to provide a summary of the position’s general scope and function within the company. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mid-South and its affiliates offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and opportunities for growth. We take pride in and value diversity in our workforce, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Mid-South will only employ individuals who are legally authorized to work in Canada. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship, currently or in the future.
Current employees of Mid-South and affiliates, and rehires within less than one year, are not eligible for the retention bonus.
To learn more about our company, and the products and services we provide, please visit ,
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!