Job title: Service Lead
Company: Big Lots
Location: Columbia, SC
Service Lead Job Details:
When you join our team, you’ll enjoy extra savings with a 20% discount on almost everything in store – even food! And a 30% discount on Indoor and Outdoor furniture. Additional benefits include a same day pay option (hourly associates only), discounts on Apple products, Verizon, AT&T services, and more! For More information about benefits, see https://www.biglots.com/corporate/careers/benefits.
Primarily responsible for leading the service team including cashiering, and recovery-related functions and is accountable for customer service and operational front-end standards. Provides leadership and clear direction to associates and actively participates in the customer-facing and service aspects of the store, including the support of front-end operations and programs and customer carry outs. Serves as the primary Manager on Duty (MOD) when present. When serving as MOD, leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery, and furniture-related activities on the sales floor. Works collaboratively with store leadership to accomplish customer service and front-end operational goals and tasks to help drive overall store performance.
1. Leads, supervises, and provides work direction to the Service Team in the store related to all cashiering, front-end and recovery functions.
2. Provides feedback to store leadership regarding the team’s performance.
3. Responsible for activities related to the achievement of customer service standards, front end operations and program compliance, training, and day-to-day operational tasks, including recovery.
4. Serves as the primary Manager on Duty when present including opening and closing the store when scheduled. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issues.
5. Responsible for the maintenance, supervision, and compliance of the Hazardous Waste program.
6. Utilizes company tools, reports, and feedback to effectively analyze trends and collaborate with store leadership in refining plans to accomplish store initiatives and achieve goals.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum two years retail management experience preferred.
3. Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and interpersonal skills required.
4. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
5. Availability to work a variable schedule of up to 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
6. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
The actual hourly rate will equal or exceed the required minimum wage applicable to the job location.
Apply for the job now!