Job title: Shipper & Receiver
Company: EMCO Norwood Waterworks
Location: Calgary, AB
Shipper & Receiver Job Details:
Norwood Waterworks is part of EMCO Corporation and as such we are the largest distributor of PVC pipe, fittings, hydrants, and valves to the municipal market in Canada. We are looking for a driven and motivated individual to join our team. We have a fantastic culture and great development program. If you consider yourself to be a leader and top shelf candidate, Norwood Waterworks is the place for you.
We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
A Typical Day at Norwood:
As a Shipper & Receiver, you will be responsible for picking, packing, and shipping customer orders as well as counting, verifying, receiving, and putting away incoming material and customer returns.
Additional duties will include:
- Follow all Health and Safety rules and legislation while performing job functions
- Load and unload trucks, operate forklift and other material handling equipment
- Receiving duties include:
- Upon unloading vendor shipments or customer returns, obtain the packing slip and verify material received. Note any discrepancies or damaged material
- Print and verify the computer receiving documents and enter material received into the computer system
- Identify special order material and damaged material and store in proper location
- Note all shipping discrepancies on freight carrier’s Bill of Lading, initiate freight claims and forward paperwork to appropriate teammate
- Picking, packing, and shipping duties include:
- Pick material for customer orders, counting and comparing items to the shipping documentation
- Assemble material and pack appropriately for pick up or shipment to customer
- Complete documentation for any shipments being delivered via third party carrier or requiring Transportation of Dangerous Goods documentation
- Inform the Manager of any inventory discrepancies and damaged/defective material that would impact customer service levels
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and safety by removing empty cartons, metal banding, pallets, and other debris
- Inform Warehouse Manager of any safety issues within the warehouse
- Assist teammates in servicing customers at the counter
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Warehouse Manager
These are many of the tasks that the right candidate will be responsible for. We are however looking a candidate that wants to grow in this position. We want someone who will take ownership and accountability of their tasks. We are looking for someone who embraces challenges as new opportunities.
What We Are Looking for From You:
- A minimum of grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Able to develop comprehensive product knowledge
- Ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and any other material handling equipment
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and accurately process orders.
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Previous experience with or knowledge of construction industry
- Forklift or equipment experience
- Experience using Word, Excel, and Outlook
In addition, we will offer you:
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- Company Pension Plan
- Paid Training Programs Tailored to Meet Individuals Needs
- Enrollment in Our Profit Share Program
- Personal and Professional Growth
- An inclusive, professional, and fun workplace
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Apply for the job now!