Job title: Shop Foreman – Agriculture – Vulcan
Location: Vulcan, AB
Shop Foreman – Agriculture – Vulcan Job Details:
Our Vulcan, AB branch is looking for an exceptional individual with a strong Agriculture background to join our service department as a Shop Foreman for our John Deere Agriculture dealership.
The Shop Foreman is responsible for the effective supervision of the Service Department to ensure that quality standards and productivity requirements are met in accordance with Service Optimization standards. The individual acts as the Service Manager when the Manager is away from the dealership and provide quotes and estimates to customers as required, review work orders with customers, directs closing of work orders and collects payment for work orders or directs Service Administrative staff to collect payment as appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the assignment of jobs and work orders to Service Department employees according to their skills and knowledge
- Assists in the appraisal of repair orders coming into the Service Department and may participate in repairs. May review repair orders for accuracy and completeness, and stays informed of the progress on all jobs
- Acts as a point-of-contact for technicians on equipment repair inquiries and updates
- Directs and assists in the diagnosis of machine problems of technicians and apprentices
- Inspects and repairs all special tools. Recommends new tooling as required
- Advises Service Manager or Service Location Manager of all customer complaints
- Coordinates and schedules all in-house technician training
- Assists the Service Manager or Service Location Manager with coordinating and conducting quarterly safety meetings
- Supports Service Advisors by responding to technical questions from customers
- Demonstrates proper and safe workplace processes and operation of equipment
- Maintains good housekeeping discipline for a clean and safe working environment
- May fill the Service Manager or Service Location Manager role in their absence
- May arrange for and participate in re-conditioning of used equipment and set-up of new equipment
- May approve the release of equipment for delivery to the customer
- May assist in providing performance feedback and disciplinary recommendations for service technicians and staff to the Service Manager or Service Location Manager
- Bills approximately 50% of available time
- Other duties as assigned
Apply for the job now!