Job title: Social Worker, Counselling Therapist (Charlottetown)
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Social Worker, Counselling Therapist (Charlottetown) Job Details:
TELUS Health and LifeWorks have recently come together to leverage the power of technology and our caring cultures to further progress our shared goal of building a healthier and friendlier future for all. As a global-leading health and well-being provider – encompassing physical, mental and financial health – TELUS Health is improving health outcomes for consumers, patients, healthcare professionals, employers and employees.
Social Worker, Counselling Therapist (EAP program)
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, you will be providing in-person counselling services for TELUS Health’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
What you will do:
- Provide short-term counselling to a diverse set of clients dealing with various issues;
- Evaluate client needs and work with them to set objectives and develop a strategy to achieve them, within the terms and conditions of the client’s EAP.
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology;
- In good standing with the PEI Social Workers Registration Board or College of Counselling Therapy of PEI and valid professional liability insurance;
- Ability to set short term objectives and use a solution focused approach;
- Ability to clinically manage high-risk cases, including clients who are a threat to self or others;
- Available to see clients in-person in own private office;
- Good knowledge of community resources.
Where permitted by law, company employees must be fully immunized to access a TELUS Health office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to .
By applying to this role, you understand and agree that your information will be shared with the TELUS Group of Companies’ Talent Acquisition team(s) and/or any leader(s) who will be part of the selection process.
Apply for the job now!