Job title: Social Worker, Geriatric Medicine Department
Company: NSW Health
Expected salary: $34.01 – 49.27 per hour
Location: Westmead, NSW – Sydney, NSW
Social Worker, Geriatric Medicine Department Job Details:
Employment Type: Temporary Part Time (Up to 08/02/2024)
Position Classification: Social Worker Level 1/2
Remuneration: $34.01 – $49.27 per hour
Hours Per Week: 24
Requisition ID: REQ411104
Where you’ll be working
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care for people living in the Auburn, Blacktown, and The Hills Shire, Holroyd and Parramatta Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region. We are committed to our vision of ‘better health services for the people of western Sydney and beyond’ and to the delivery of health care or related services in line with our core values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
What you’ll be doing
The Level 1/2 social work positon is responsible for the provision of social work services to patients, families and carers, who are under the care of the inpatient or community teams of Geriatric Medicine Department, Westmead Hospital.
The Level 1/2 social worker is able to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters. They may require direct professional supervision from more senior staff members when performing novel, complex, or critical tasks.
The Level 1/2 social worker will assist in the development of policies, procedures, standards and practices. They will be expected to participate in quality improvement activities, departmental committees and may be required to participate in clinical research activities.
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Westmead hospital car parking allocation model is changing. There is a waitlist for parking for new staff commencing at Westmead Hospital. This does not apply for staff with disability.
Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa or a period not shorter than the duration of the advertised position.
Essential Criteria: * Qualification: Bachelor of Social Work with eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW).
Selection Criteria: * Demonstrated understanding of issues associated with ageing, age related illnesses, rehabilitation, accommodation placements, guardianship and end of life care.
- Unrestricted NSW Driver’s Licence and ability to participate in the After Hours Crisis On-Call Social Work Service.
- A good knowledge of community resources and experience liaising with community organisations
- Demonstrated clinical experience or understanding of grief and loss counselling, crisis intervention, discharge planning and working with complex family dynamics.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues associated with working with culturally and Linguistically Diverse client group.
- Demonstrated well-developed time management skills with excellent written and verbal communication, including report writing skills and high level computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning
Need more information?
1) Click here for the
2) Find out more about for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Charlotte Miles via Charlotte.Miles@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 4th October 2023
Apply for the job now!