Job title: Sr. Director, Procurement N&P
Location: Calgary, AB
Sr. Director, Procurement N&P Job Details:
Pay Band: G
At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With nearly 25,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers globally.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be and grow your career.
This position has overall responsibility on a global level for sourcing strategy, execution, and policy in support of the N&P operations, the performance of suppliers, material cost savings, and supplier risk management strategy. It provides overall responsibility on a global level for the Procurement function and associated programs. It serves as a personal business-to-business connection to top strategic vendors.
S/he will be responsible for the end-to-end rollout and standup of the new Operating model, including critical teams and enablers such as Shared Buying / AP, Turnaround Procurement, Capital Procurement, and Procurement Analytics.
S/he will have managed a large procurement budget and organization, demonstrating strategy formulation and execution abilities. The ability to identify, develop, and promote talent across a large organization is critical. The leader will have responsibility across various sites and Business Units (BU) in the US, Canada, and Trinidad and Tobago.
In addition, this role will be responsible for delivering on the N&P Strategic Procurement priorities as a part of BU goals and objectives.
- Lead, manage, and develop a Procurement team.
- Build the right procurement team (recruitment, training, staffing, and retention)
- Decide individual annual professional development plans with skills plans and performance targets
- Regularly review progress, and customer feedback and monitor KPIs with procurement directors on procurement sourcing categories, projects, and functions
- Set up Procurement Strategy and Planning
- Development and communication of global strategic vision
- Management of long-term partnerships with key strategic suppliers based on quality, cost, service delivery and responsiveness
- Establish and maintain clarity of responsibilities within decision processes
- Provide leadership direction and support to the procurement team
- Recommend and decide an integrated strategic plan for the group procurement organization
- Approve targets for spend reduction (pricing, TCO, and usage control), purchasing efficiency, customer/site service, and vendor management
- Prioritize and recommend resource levels across procurement sourcing categories, projects, and functions
- Support cross-collaboration among different Procurement teams – Category management, Site procurement, and Capital procurement
- Ensure that there is close collaboration and ways of working across Procurement teams to deliver end-to-end category strategy from the center to the sites
- Enables integrated Capex and Opex category strategies and execution between Category management and Capital teams
- Help emerge the cross-site opportunities to the right level of the organization – category management team to ensure cross-site and Nutrien purchasing leverage
- Coordinates the rollout of the new operating model and ensures that the right skills are in place in the organization
- Ensure procurement functions are meeting site needs (standards and tools, knowledge management)
- Ensure that decision-making processes are in place and used
- Review and approval of procurement budgets and performance targets to ensure highly efficient and effective procurement organization
S/he will have demonstrated success in driving Procurement across multiple categories, demonstrating leadership and influencing skills across multiple regions, functions, and with business leaders. Ideally, the executive will have broader commercial or P&L experience. S/he will have demonstrated capability to take on increasing responsibilities quickly as demonstrated by a steep career path.
- 10+ years of dedicated procurement experience and track record of delivering savings
- Leadership capabilities and experience in leading and managing a large procurement organization
- Specialized knowledge/others
- Significant experience in strategic planning, resource allocation/prioritization, target setting, and budgeting
- Awareness of cost drivers across multiple classes of cost
- Negotiating techniques
Although not required, a graduate degree (MBA or similar) would be an asset.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: , and
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
GROW WITH US – BUSINESS UNIT
At Nutrien, we never stop growing, because our world never does. Our size can help us weather a storm, but with that ability comes a great responsibility—to our growers and customers, our employees and shareholders, our communities, and the planet.
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Apply for the job now!