Job title: Sr Manager, IT Internal Audit
Location: Calgary, AB
Sr Manager, IT Internal Audit Job Details:
At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With nearly 25,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers globally.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be and grow your career.
Reporting to the VP, Internal Audit, the Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit is accountable for overseeing and supporting team delivery of IT audits as it relates to Nutrien’s information technology environment including information system processes and controls, data integrity and governance, and information system resilience and work closely as a strategic business partner to Nutrien’s Information Digital Solutions (IDS) organization.
This position is located in Calgary, Alberta and is available for hybrid working arrangement.
What you will do:
- Lead the annual IT Internal Audit planning process and interim risk assessments taking into consideration internal and external factors impacting the business;
- Lead a team, including external consultants, to oversee and perform audits of IT systems and processes;
- Conduct audits and/or advisory work to make recommendations on how to improve Nutrien’s information system control environment via data integrity and data governance reviews;
- Identify key information technology and information security risks and controls, control optimization opportunities, including the configuration of controls to support key business processes;
- Prepare audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of controls;
- Clearly communicate IT audit related issues, findings and recommendations to various levels in the organization;
- Be a strategic business partner to the IDS Leadership team and other business functions to influence and guide on risk and improvements to effectiveness and efficiency and regulatory compliance;
- Collaborate with other members of the Internal Audit team to support the execution of other audits when there are IT considerations involved;
- Advocate of data analytics, including automation, using ACL integral to the conduct of internal audits and as a business solution for identified control gaps;
- Apply effective people leadership skills leading team through performance management, career development, and budget management;
- Provide support and feedback to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks;
- Perform work in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as established by the Institute of Internal Auditors in addition to the Institute of Internal Auditor’s Code of Ethics; and
- Maintain a high level of standards, integrity, confidentiality and exercise sound judgment
What you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience in IT Auditing or related experience including (4) years demonstrated progressive management and people leadership skills in a large multinational organization;
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field of study and audit designations such as CPA, CIA, and/or CISA is required;
- Knowledge of COBIT, ITIL, or other IT and Risk frameworks would be an asset;
- Knowledge of controls, systems and accounting concepts, practices and procedures;
- Experience extracting and analyzing large data such as ACL to provide the business further understanding and opportunities to enhance control structure would be considered an asset;
- Proficiency using SharePoint and MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and PowerPoint;
- Hands on experience with project management or IT operations based in large enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP S4, SAP GRC, and Oracle;
- Travel will be required to Nutrien facilities and locations within North America and international locations (approximately 15%);
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks;
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills interacting with all levels of the organization;
- Excellent interpersonal, team collaboration and delegation skills;
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and critical thinking skills;
- Deep understanding of the COSO Integrated Framework for Internal Controls; and
- Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines as well as flexibly adapting to changing priorities
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: , and
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
GROW WITH US – BUSINESS UNIT
At Nutrien, we never stop growing, because our world never does. Our size can help us weather a storm, but with that ability comes a great responsibility—to our growers and customers, our employees and shareholders, our communities, and the planet.
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Apply for the job now!