Job title: Stock Assistant
Location: Fortitude Valley, QLD
Stock Assistant Job Details:
Our Back of House team in Fortitude Valley is seeking Stock Assistants to provide operations support to three stores (West Elm, Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids) to help us to deliver a unique shopping experience in a fast-paced, specialty retail environment. This is a permanent, part time role (40 hours per fortnight).
As a Stock Assistant, you will:
- Uphold store and stockroom maintenance and cleanliness standards.
- Straighten, clean and help maintain stockroom.
- Ensure all appropriate stockroom procedures are followed.
- Process, ticket, and restock merchandise as needed.
- Pack and log merchandise as required for customer deliveries.
We think you’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have warehouse or stockroom experience, ideally in specialty retail and / or homewares.
- Have a passion for homewares.
- Succeed in a team environment, but can work independently and manage your own time.
- Have the confidence to anticipate needs and problem solve.
- Are most successful when provided with clearly defined goals and metrics.
- Have effective communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to be mobile in the store and back of house areas, including standing for long periods.
- Able to climb ladders and use other equipment in line with safety standards.
- Ability to lift and mobilise medium to large items, up to 30 kg, while utilising appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
You’ll love working here because:
- We’re a successful, fast-growing, data-driven company with an entrepreneurial vibe.
- We offer competitive salaries and a generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands.
- We love to promote internally, and offer many development opportunities through training, coaching and cross-brand and cross-function career moves.
- We’re passionate about where we’ve come from, but we’re pushing forward, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We live and breathe client experience.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that are open to fresh ideas.
- We believe in autonomy and reward you for taking initiative.
- We get to be creative daily and we have fun!
If you are passionate about delivering world-class service to our clients, apply today!
Please note, thisi is a permanent, part time position (40 hours per fortnight) with a fixed rotating roster. Only those holding the required work rights in Australia will be considered.
Williams-Sonoma Australia Pty Ltd. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home.
In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck’s business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.
Today, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is one of the United States’ largest e-commerce retailers with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings. Established in Australia in 2013, Williams-Sonoma Australia Pty Ltd. currently operates 20 retail locations and 4 e-commerce websites, and employs more than 350 people across corporate and retail operations.
Discover all you need for home from our four iconic brands: Pottery Barn Australia for timeless, exclusively designed furniture, decor and gifts; Pottery Barn Kids Australia for stylish, high-quality furniture and accessories for babies and kids; west elm Australia for modern home furnishings that are authentic, approachable, affordable and sustainably produced; and Williams Sonoma Australia for the finest cookware, food and entertaining essentials.
Apply for the job now!