Job title: SWDS Driver I
Location: Waterloo, ON
SWDS Driver I Job Details:
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colours Show!
At Sherwin-Williams, part of our mission is to help our employees and their families live healthier, save smarter and feel better. This starts with a wide range of world-class benefits designed for you. From retirement to health care, from total well-being to your daily commute—it matters to us. A general description of benefits offered can be found at . Click on “Candidates” to view benefit offerings that you may be eligible for if you are hired as a Sherwin-Williams employee.
Where You’ll be Working
The individual selected for this role will be expected to work at Store #8705, located at: 239 Weber Street, Waterloo, N2J 3H5
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
How You’ll Perform the Role
This position delivers products to customers from Sherwin-Williams paint stores. Main duties in this role include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that deliveries are prepared to meet customer requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Loading customer orders properly on the truck.
- Ensuring that appropriate forms are completed.
- Delivering merchandise to the customer in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintaining the store vehicle and alerting the supervisor to repair and servicing needs.
- Performing other tasks as needed, including warehouse duties, tinting and mixing customer orders and waiting on customers in our paint stores.
Our Must Haves – These are our Basic Qualifications, hit apply if you meet all of them!
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone with or without reasonable accommodation.
Extras to Help you Stand Out – These are not required for you to be eligible to apply but are preferred. Don’t be afraid to brag about any of the following:
- Experience in a delivery, retail sales or customer service position.
- High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED).
- Ability to speak a second language
What is the Process to get Started?
Step 1 – Online Application
- Find the role(s) that interest you on our Careers page: https://jobsearch.sherwin.com/
- Set aside 15 minutes to create your profile by entering or importing your details from one of our job board partners
Step 2 – Digital Interview
- Upon review of your application, qualified candidates will be invited to complete a digital video interview via HireVue, our interview partner. The interview will consist of a few behavioral based questions
- You’ll be able to record and complete your video interview anytime, anywhere! While you can complete this video interview on your own schedule, we ask that this step be completed within 7 days of receiving an invitation
Step 3 – In-Store Interview
- Your video interview is reviewed by our Recruitment team and our top candidates are invited to meet with our team in a store, specialty wholesale branch, floorcovering facility or delivery service terminal.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
Apply for the job now!