Job title: Third Cook (Diavik)
Company: Det’on Cho Management
Expected salary: $53800 per year
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Third Cook (Diavik) Job Details:
3rd Cook (Diavik)
- Full Medical benefits
- RSP matching
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 2×2 rotation
- Northern & Southern Allowance
100% owned by the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity.
Reporting to the Chef at the Diavik Diamond Mine, the 3rd Cook is a Full-Time position.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assisting the Chef in preparing and serving all food products based on the requirements of the day-to-day menu, and the direction of our client.
- menu development
- assisting with cleaning duties
- Adhering to Territorial and Federal sanitation practices
- Practice sanitation and safety daily and throughout the shift
- attending all scheduled training sessions and safety meetings
- The successful candidate must also be willing and able to fulfill all reasonably related requests of the Chef and our client.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- ability to balance daily menu specials alongside existing set menu, utilizing food cost factors, variety and presentation
- ability to complete all assigned tasks in time frame allotted by the Chef
- a current WHMIS and Level 1 Food Safe certificates
- knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of equipment within the Food Service area of operations
- understanding the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food Service areas of operations and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products.
- familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- exceptional time management skills
- exceptional customer service skills and enjoys working with the public
- proven ability in working as a team player, ability to work well with others and on own
- proven punctuality and ability to work 12 hour shifts
- proof of covid 19 immunizations is required
- pick up point for this position is limited to the Northwest Territories and Edmonton, AB
- please include your WHMIS, First Aid or any safety certification when submitting your resume
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent owned by the Yellowknives Dene First Nation and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik and Gahcho Kué, two of Canada’s premier mines.
Apply for the job now!