Job title: Tools and Automation Specialist
Location: Saguenay, QC
Tools and Automation Specialist Job Details:
The role of this position is to develop, analyse and maintain tools that support and automate the process of continuously creating versions and administrate the material and software resources.
What you’ll do
- Create various game versions and to ensure their quality and stability.
- Automate the process of version creating
- Assist you in this task, you will be responsible for the build system and the build farm
- You will be in charge of flagging productivity problems in the production tools
- You will develop tools or participate in their conception
- You will work with all professions of the project to ensure a role of tool support for the users.
- You will maintain documents and support information for the tool and version that you are responsible
The “Tools and Automation Specialist” is one of the few jobs present throughout the entire development cycle of a game. You will have the opportunity to discover the different settings to create a video game. You will be integrated into a team with an international aspect. You will also have the chance to work on the latest consoles and technologies.
What you bring
- College Diploma
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Good knowledge of source control software (Perforce, SVN, Git, Mercurial…) and ideally one « Build System » (TeamCity, Jenkins, …)
- Good knowledge of at least one script language (PowerShell, Python, Perl …)
- Knowledge of an object-oriented language would be an asset (C#, C++, Java …)
- Knowledge of solutions in creating versions and integrating continuously
- Rigorous and methodical
- Autonomous and resourceful
- To categorize priorities
- Being able to work with interruption or context changing
- To have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (asset)
- Good knowledge of the pipeline and production tools
- Good judgment
Ubisoft Saguenay is a multidisciplinary team building video games since 2018. We’re looking for passionate creators who want to design outstanding games and deliver memorable experiences to our players.
When you join Ubisoft Saguenay, you play a key role in creating world-class video games.
At the studio, you’ll discover an innovative, dynamic and creative world: a unique environment that offers constant career advancement, a welcoming learning environment and competitive compensation packages.
You’ll work on prestigious titles in partnership with our Canadian Ubisoft studios.
Create the unknown. Join the adventure!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Apply for the job now!