Job title: Water – Sewer Technician
Company: Nasittuq Corporation
Expected salary: $46.48 – 48.92 per hour
Water – Sewer Technician Job Details:
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
WATER & SEWER TECHNICIAN
- Be part of dynamic team that is safety driven and values work-life balance.
- We reward hard work through professional training and career opportunities.
- Experience (CFS) Alert, located in the Canadian Arctic.
Where you will be working
CFS Alert is the northernmost permanently inhabited settlement in the world. It is currently a military station located in Nunavut on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island. The area features beautiful landscapes and a unique fauna which thrives all year long. CFS Alert is a true cold gem located in the Canadian Arctic that only a few get to see.
About the role
Nasittuq is looking for a Water & Sewer Technician to join our team in CFS Alert, Nunavut. As a Water & Sewer Technician, you are a motivated individual capable of adapting to changing priorities while working in a safe and efficient manner. This is a great opportunity to grow your career in an industrial environment.
Reporting to the Buildings and Infrastructure Supervisor, you will be:
- Inspecting, monitoring, operating, maintaining and repairing the entire potable water system, and produce the list of material, spares and replacement equipment required to operate and maintain the equipment
- Producing potable water through the operation of the water treatment plant in accordance with all federal and territorial requirements and within the operating parameters of the existing treatment system
- Maintaining a daily water plant log addressing, but not limited to, any abnormal operating conditions and malfunction, quantity of chemicals used and quantity of water treated; water production information; total fresh water consumption; pressure reading in the distribution system; quantity of water in storage; turbidity; chlorine residuals and quality of water in storage
- Conducting daily and weekly water quality tests in accordance with standards and guidelines of all Federal and Territorial requirements
- Monitoring flows, pressure and temperature at the lower pump house
- Performing repair services for water treatment and sewage systems as needed in accordance with industry standards
- Performing daily checks and tests of the water distribution lines for leaks and tests of the sewage system
- Accurately record all work orders
- Implementing and maintain the Potable Water System and the Sewage System preventative maintenance plans
What you will bring
- Minimum Level II Water Treatment Certification
- Over 5 years’ relevant experience in a water treatment plant of similar or greater size to CFS Alert
- Must be eligible for RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre- employment medical
- As overnighting in Thule Greenland is a frequent requirement, must possess a valid passport
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required
What we offer
The Water & Sewer Technician role in Alert is Fly-In Fly-out. Our permanent positions are scheduled on 8×8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site).
- Salary rate: $46.48 – $48.92 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
- An additional $3.50 Northern Living Allowance (NLA) per hour worked
- Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- 6% vacation pay in lieu of time off
- Up to 6% pension benefits for permanent employees
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment, woodworking shop, hobbies and clubs
We provide exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defense (DND). Nasittuq Corporation offers Indigenous applicants who want to start on a new path or further their career opportunities for development. These programs include formal apprenticeship programs and informal in-house training and development opportunities.
Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process.
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQTUT ILAGIJAUQATAULLUTIK NUNAVUT NUNANGANNI NUNALIRINIRNMUT ANGIRUTIUSIMAJUNUT SIVULLIQPAUTAUNIAQTUT IQQANAIJAAQTAARTITAUJUNNAQTUNUT. IKAJUQTURPATSI IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQATAUJUSI NALUNAIQSIQULLUSI ILAGIJAUQATAUNITSINNIK
.ᐱᓇᔪᒃᑐᑦ ᓄᓇᑖᖃᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᓄᓇᑖᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᖏᖃᑎᒌᒍᑎᒥ ᓯᕗᓪᓕᐅᔾᔭᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ. ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑐᖅᐸᒃᑲ ᓂᕈᐊᒐᒃᓴᖁᑎᑎᑦ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓚᒋᔭᐅᓂᕐᓂᒃ.
Apply for the job now!