Job title: WB] General Production Labour
Expected salary: $16.75 per hour
Location: Etobicoke, ON
WB] General Production Labour Job Details:
Wonderbrands is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across key bakery categories, including breads & rolls; alternatives breads, and others. We are the makers of Wonder®Bread, Country Harvest®, D’Italiano®, Gadoua®, and Casa Mendosa™ tortillas. We bake our products in 13 facilities across Canada, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
As we forge ahead in the transformation of our business, we are coming together as a united North American enterprise, rebuilding our asset base, adding significant new capacity, and focusing on the development of our people. These building blocks are essential to moving forward as a growth-focused, insights-driven, consumer-led company that will celebrate food and the central part that food plays in our life.
WAGE: $16.75 / hour
SHIFT: Part-Time, Weekday availability – day and afternoons shifts (flexibility with working overtime, and on weekends, as necessary)
In a typical day, you will:
- Pick, pack, sort, and package fresh products into bags and boxes
- Work in production/packaging area to make and stack boxes onto pallets
- Inspect filled packages to ensure product is packaged according to specifications.
- Work closely with production team members to ensure product quality
- Assist machine operators/mixers/oven captains and crew with other duties as assigned.
- May assist sanitation crew in the cleanliness of production equipment and area
- Ensure all Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures are followed
- A lover of bread and baked goods!
- You have strong people skills—you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic
- You have previously worked in a manufacturing environment (even better if it was food manufacturing!)
- You’re dedicated to the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues
- You digest constructive feedback as an opportunity to listen, and improve your skills, abilities, and performance
- You are someone who listens to comprehend a situation first, asking questions to clarify your own understanding, instead of listening to be able to reply quickly
We offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees, including strong benefit and pension plans, paid vacation and holidays, overtime opportunities, and a growth path to line leader and supervisory roles.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!
Wonderbrands is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Wonderbrands offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Apply for the job now!