Job title: Development Coordinator
Company: The Banff Centre
Expected salary: $49774.4 – 52249.6 per year
Location: Banff, AB
Development Coordinator Job Details:
This is a termed position until September 2024.
aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
We acknowledge, with deep respect and gratitude, our home on the side of Sacred Buffalo Guardian Mountain. In the spirit of respect and truth, we honour and acknowledge the Banff area, known as “Minhrpa” (translated in Stoney Nakoda as “the waterfalls”) and the Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Îyârhe Nakoda (Stoney Nakoda) – comprised of the Bearspaw, Chiniki, and Goodstoney Nations – as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation and the Blackfoot Confederacy comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, Kainai. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Shuswap Nations, Ktunaxa Nations, and Metis Nation of Alberta, Region 3. We acknowledge all Nations who live, work, and play, help us steward this land, and honour and celebrate this place.
The Development Coordinator works in a busy and demanding environment, providing effective and efficient administrative support to a variety of key functions in the Development Office team. This includes the coordination of coordination for cultivation, fundraising and donor events and activities related to capital campaigns, annual fundraising, donor events, back up to database management, coordination support for communications and stewardship and general operations for both the Development Office team and members of Banff Centre’s boards, cabinets and committees.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position provides support and coordination to all aspects of the development function and works closely with the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Major Gifts, the Manager of Stewardship, Events and Research and the Director of Grants, Awards & Operations.
- Coordinate general activities of the Development Office including, but not limited to: schedule management, meeting preparation, briefings and correspondence. Coordinate travel and accommodation for out-of-town meetings and conferences. Prepare and submit expense claims. Post contact reports.
- Update data and other information about donors and prospects including planned and pending asks, donor commitments, and reports. Coordinate the flow of information and ensure urgent matters are addressed in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit program related requests, reimbursements/purchase requests and reports and other related internal documentation.
- Filing and information management: ensure that supporter information is highly organized; suggest, develop, organize, and utilize filing and information management systems (including database), and work collaboratively with other staff who manage the database and filing systems to ensure effective service delivery.
- Conduct, synthesize and report on basic research as requested.
- Project-manage meetings (virtual and onsite) and special related functions as requested. Assist in the organization and agenda setting of such meetings and events, and attendees including booking catering and accommodations and dealing with reservations as requested.
- Assist with the management and coordination of meetings for the Fundraising & Development Committee of the Banff Centre Foundation, Campaign Cabinet and other volunteers. Take meeting minutes and notes, and act as liaison to members.
- Create, edit, copy, type, proofread and/or format and send various proposals, reports, presentations, correspondence and other materials (including any Board / Committee / Campaign Cabinet materials as needed).
- Working collaboratively with the department, draft professional, donor-centered communications materials, including communications, event collateral (invitations, confirmations, thank you’s), website and social media content.
Development Events Planning
- Coordinate and execute components of Development private and public sector events for the purpose of cultivation, stewardship and fundraising, while building trust and working collaboratively with all Banff Centre departments. Events will be on-site, in Alberta, across Canada and occasionally in the US.
- In collaboration with the various teams, coordinate pre-registration, registrations, RSVP’s, ticket sales and waiting lists in collaboration with Box Office, Conferences, and Front Desk.
- Coordinate guest accommodation both on-site and off-site, in collaboration with Banff Centre’s Front Desk team and any external vendor.
- Work collaboratively with other departments across Banff Centre to ensure all elements of events administration are delivered to a high standard, including registration, accommodation, sponsor and donor care, and volunteer coordination.
- Assist with fulfilling the terms and conditions contained within sponsorship, donor, and vendor agreements and contracts.
- Handle sensitive and confidential Banff Centre information, including but not limited to financial and personal information.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Post-secondary education, such as a college or university certificate, diploma or degree in related discipline with at least 3-4 years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Experience in a development / campaign office preferred.
- Strong work ethic with a solid customer-service oriented work style.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe and proficient in internet research.
- Proficiency in Raisers Edge, or other fundraising management database, is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Positive helpful attitude and a resourceful self-starter, who is able to anticipate, troubleshoot and react quickly in a calm manner.
- Strong written, editing and verbal communication skills and experience with design programs such as Canva.
- A problem solver with strong project management skills, able to manage deadlines and work on a wide range of responsibilities.
- Capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with supporters, volunteers, board members, executive team, vendors, and staff.
- Strong planning skills and able to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to prioritize a large volume of work in a fast-paced, high performance team environment.
Employment Terms and
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, salaried support staff position, subject to a 6 month probation period.
- The annual salary for this position is between $49,774.40 and $52,249.60 per year depending on experience, working 40 hours per week.
- This is a termed position until September 2024
- Benefits of working at Banff Centre are:
- Staff housing options (based on availability)
- Hybrid work environment
- Professional Development
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate – first month free for new staff!
- We are accepting applications for the Development Coordinator position until a suitable candidate has been found.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Banff Centre is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.