Job title: ICT Service Desk Technician – Level 1
Company: Northern Health
ICT Service Desk Technician – Level 1 Job Details:
Reference Number: 39783: ICT Service Desk Technician – Level 1
Employment Type: Casual (CS)
Location: Northern Health (All Campuses)
About Northern Health:
As an organisation we have a clear focus on how we service and partner with our community, including our strategy of helping the community stay well when at home. Our reputation of community minded, inclusive and progressive is matched to none.
Northern Health is located in the rapidly growing northern suburbs with projected growth the biggest in the state. With a booming, culturally rich and diverse community, and less than an hour’s drive from the CBD, Melbourne’s North is fast becoming the place to be!
We are looking for a customer-focused, Service Desk Technician, Level 1 to provide fast response and friendly ICT technical assistance for Northern Health staff. You should have very good knowledge of information technology and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. This will be a rotating roster from Monday to Friday.
You must be customer-oriented and have the patience to deal with challenging customers as this role requires assisting pressured front-line health service staff to perform their patient care duties.
This role is a casual role.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent customer focus and keen attention to detail over the phone and in person.
- Understanding of Active Directory and Exchange administration, computer hardware, Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in providing support related to Azure and O365 Environment
- Excellent communication skills (including the ability to explain technical concepts to nontechnical users), ability to deal effectively and develop personal credibility with senior management, clinicians and other IT customers
- Ability to work as part of a team and when required autonomously
- Good personal organisation, time management skills and motivation to continually improve.
- Sound problem-solving skills
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the ‘Apply’ button and follow the prompts.
For further details, please refer to the or alternatively contact: Lucas Greenway, ICT Service Delivery Manager via
Applications close on 03 October 2023.
Why work at the Northern Health?
We offer a range of benefits to support and reward staff both personally and professionally, which includes:
- Health and Wellbeing programs, including our ‘Thrive’ program
- Flexibility in the workplace and extra leave options and support
- An inclusive and culturally safe space
- State of the art facilities and campus partnerships
- A commitment to ongoing professional development through our ‘Learning Labs’
- Access to salary packaging, EAP and our online library
For a glimpse of life at NH, click
Work with us! Northern Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as applicants who are LGBTIQ+, who have different abilities, or are from culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged.
All employees of Northern Health must comply with the health service’s Staff Health / Workforce Immunisation procedure (as amended from time to time) together with any relevant State Government and Departmental directives. This requires all employees to be vaccinated for various diseases such as, but not limited to influenza and Covid-19.
Apply for the job now!