Job title: Back-Up Production Supervisor
Company: Bakerly Barn
Location: Easton, PA
Back-Up Production Supervisor Job Details:
Scope/Purpose of the Position
The Back-up Production Supervisor is responsible for managing the production floor in the absence of the Production Supervisor. The Back-up Production Supervisor will oversee the production lines, addressing concerns, deviations, and technical issues with the supporting functional groups while achieving the departmental goals. He/she will be working on the line when not actively shadowing, training, or assuming the Production Supervisor’s responsibilities.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions
· Help cover any positions on the line during times of call off, PTO, and as needed.
· Manage/supervise a production team up to 20-30 people per shift working on multiple production lines.
· Promote safety, quality, and cleanliness throughout the plant, ensuring that staff is following all Bakerly policies and procedures.
· Communicate and build a working relationship with the department and other supporting functional groups.
· Optimize product quality by constantly ensuring customers’ requirements are met, self-testing is performed and analyzed in accordance with procedures, and production specifications are respected.
· Ensure that all subordinates comply with hygiene and food safety rules defined in the company policies; Perform regular line inspections to evaluate GMP’s, food safety, sanitation, and quality requirements.
· Maintain a positive employee relations environment; Resolve employee relations issues, questions, and complaints, communicate with Production Management.
· Supervise and control completion of established standards regarding consumption, quality, yield by using KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
· Learn to operate all equipment on the line to assist in training of new employees or in an emergency.
· Work with all supervisors to pass on communication that will avoid quality or downtime issues.
Job Qualification Requirements
· 3-5 years of supervisory experience is a plus and/or leadership role in food manufacturing preferred although not required.
· Extensive knowledge of food manufacturing process. Baking process experience is a plus.
· Adequate experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
· Strong written and oral interpersonal and communication skills.
· Understanding of safe work practices, GMPs, incident investigation techniques permit to work systems, management of change and safety & environmental regulations.
· Ability to facilitate efficient cooperation between departments.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and react to changing priorities.
· Ability to assess, prioritize and resolve plan issues.
· Knowledgeable in HACCP and SQF.
· Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or climb (including stairs/ladders).
· Ability to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Physical dexterity necessary to handle supplies, machine parts and tools.
· Vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Apply for the job now!