Job title: Casual Research Assistant
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Casual Research Assistant Job Details:
At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be, and grow your career.
This Seasonal position will begin September 2023.
What you will do:
- A strong commitment to the SH&E Safety program by assisting Growth Facilities Lead and other team members in maintaining safety compliance as per Nutrien Ag Solutions SH&E policies.
- A high level of attention to detail is essential to successfully execute all assigned tasks from planting through to harvest.
- Management of assigned tasks to meet the expected quality and seed production quantity requirements in the timeline specified.
- Follow established SOPs and quality control procedures to ensure quality pure seed production in a fast paced and high throughput environment.
- The main responsibilities of the Growth Facilities Casual Labor role include
- pot and soil preparation
- staking and bagging plants in the greenhouse
- harvesting / hand threshing
- greenhouse room cleaning and housekeeping
- other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working with plants preferred
- Punctual, reliable, and able to work in hot, humid environments
- A high level of attention to detail resulting in consistent outcomes.
- Proven problem-solving abilities in team and individual settings.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn and apply new information practically
Are you a good match? Apply today!
The estimated salary that Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn suggested does not represent Nutrien’s compensation structure.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: , and
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
GROW WITH US – BUSINESS UNIT
At Nutrien, we never stop growing, because our world never does. Our size can help us weather a storm, but with that ability comes a great responsibility—to our growers and customers, our employees and shareholders, our communities, and the planet.
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Apply for the job now!