Job title: Cook – Aged Care
Company: Australian Unity
Expected salary: $29.98 per hour
Location: Vermont South, VIC
Cook – Aged Care Job Details:
This role is based at our aged care community Victoria Grange, Vermont South. You will enjoy working within our Better Together® social model of aging well, which offers a continuum of care and support services for our Residents, within a range of accommodation options in one location.
We value our Residential Communities teams and the wonderful work they do. You will enjoy an enviable range of benefits, including the following:
- Competitive Remuneration starting from $29.98 per hour plus applicable penalties
- Part time role, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays
- 6am or 9am start times, 30 hrs per week. Plus, opportunities to pick up more shifts!
- Join our warm, supportive team
- Beautiful, convenient location close to public transport
- Free onsite parking as available
- 14 week paid parental leave, with equal benefit for both parents
- Excellent training, support, and career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program – support and assistance for you and your partner
About Your New Role
Your new role will see you managing the food preparation process and presentation for our residents. You will be cooking for 105 residents and bring a strong commitment to customer service, food safety and an understanding of special dietary requirements, that will have a positive impact on the wellbeing of our residents. You will have a strong work ethic, combined with the ability to build positive and warm working relationships with residents and colleagues.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Cook. You will demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Prior experience working as a Cook in a commercial kitchen (essential)
- Hold a relevant formal Cooking qualification/ certificate (essential)
- Live within a 40 min drive of Vermont South
- Previous experience working in aged care and preparing food for clients with specific health requirements an advantage
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience in ordering stock and inventory management
- Ability to prepare and deliver food which is both delicious and of great nutritional value.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Fully vaccinated for COVID 19 and Influenza
If you’re seeking a role with real purpose and where you can create meaningful customer relationships – please apply today
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click
Apply for the job now!