Job title: Cook Nipissing university – Full time (72731001) Monday to Friday
Expected salary: $16.75 per hour
Location: North Bay, ON
Cook Nipissing university – Full time (72731001) Monday to Friday Job Details:
What Makes Sodexo Different:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
Flexible and dynamic work environment.
Access to ongoing training and development programs.
Countless opportunities to grow within the company.
Full training and full protective uniform supplied.
Full time Cook
Wage: $16.75 / hour
Benefits: Full package after 30 days
Schedule: Monday to Friday Day shifts
Location: Nipissing University in North Bay
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
Great communication skills, strong teamwork, and a positive attitude .
Passion for maintaining a healthy and safe environment
The Cook will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and special/catered events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other areas of responsibility.
· As a member of our food services team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while preparing or serving food to customers:
· Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
· Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to guests.
· May produce food and serve guests at an a la carte, buffet, or grill station.
· Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal/provincial and corporate standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
· Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food, prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
· Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
· Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other items for consumption in dining areas.
· Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting, and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry, or fish for culinary use.
· Taste’s products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
· Will clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
· Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
· May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move, and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
· Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
· Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
· Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
· Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
· Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
· Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Great communication skills, strong teamwork, and a positive attitude.
- Passion for maintaining a healthy and safe environment and training programs.
- experience with food preparation knife skills and excellent knife skills
- High quality of customer service.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and special/catered events.
- produce food and serve guests at an a la carte, buffet, or grill station.
- Read food order or receive verbal instructions on food, prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Taste products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- clean and sanitize workstations and equipment.
- Produce small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Apply for the job now!