Job title: Dairy Clerk
Company: Sprouts Farmers Market
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Dairy Clerk Job Details:
The Dairy Clerk is responsible for keeping all store dairy and frozen cases stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to assist customers as needed while maintaining a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Dairy department.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Ensures cleanliness of dairy cases, storage area, and work area for safety. This includes the cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from the floor, and sweeping
- Stocks dairy cases. This includes the presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Dairy Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy
- Examines the rotation of all dairy products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items
- Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information, and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products
- Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality
- Monitors the point of purchase signs. Ensures a variety of recipe cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on complimentary foods
- Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Team Members under the age of 18 will be restricted from the following tasks:
- Using a knife (other than safety cutters)
- Using a ladder
- Operating garbage or cardboard compactor
- Operating any motor/electronically powered equipment (including manual pallet jacks)
- Working in coolers or freezers for prolonged periods of time
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes, including night, weekends, and holidays
- Have and show a mutual respect for others, maintain a high-level code of ethics within Sprouts culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able to perform repetitious activities, and can multi-task, prioritize and stay organized
- Requires vertically/horizontally transferring boxes/crates weighing between 40-60 lbs., from 5” to 72” or from 62” to 9”, for a distance up to 10 feet for between 6-50 hours without mechanical assistance
- Be able to walk up to 5 miles in an 8 hour shift
- Must use a 2 step stool to access shelves for up to 1 step per 8 hours
- Be able to walk up to 3 miles per 8 hour shift
- Adhere to all safety, health, OSHA and Weights and Measures regulations
- Be able to perform other related duties as assigned
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health
- Vacation accrual plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Contests and appreciation events throughout the year full of prizes, food and fun!
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- Bonus based on company and/or individual performance
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental and vision
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Paid holidays
Get Paid Every Day!
Sprouts Farmers Market offers DailyPay – if you’re hired as an eligible employee, you’ll be able to transfer the money you’ve already earned at no extra cost, and get it the next business day, for free. We offer DailyPay so you don’t have to wait for payday to access the money you’ve already worked for. With DailyPay, you can see how much you’ve made every day and you can transfer your money any time before payday.
You can learn more by visiting .
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Sprouts will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see for more information.
Apply for the job now!