Job title: Electronics/Software Development Team Lead
Expected salary: $118000 – 178000 per year
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Electronics/Software Development Team Lead Job Details:
- Progress your career by joining an established company
- Enjoy an annual salary of $118k-178k, based on education, skills, and experience, plus great benefits
- Help shape our growing team and play a critical role in our path to autonomous technology
About Bourgault Industries
Bourgault Industries is a leading global manufacturer of technologically advanced seeding & tillage equipment, with headquarters in Saskatchewan. Our mission is to design, manufacture and distribute the highest quality, most durable, and reliable farm equipment in the world, that meets and exceeds the expectations of our valued customers.
We are committed to the continuous development of our team members and innovation in developing our products. We recognize that our employees are the backbone of what we do and the important role they play in contributing to our success.
To learn more about our company, please visit our .
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Electronics/Software Development Team Lead to join our Electronics team based in Saskatoon, SK on a full-time basis. Occasional travel to the main production facility in St. Brieux or various test locations may be required.
In this role, you will provide your vision and leadership to guide and grow a high-performing team of software, firmware, and hardware developers designing new products that maximize the value of our product to our customers. You will be the champion of determining and executing Bourgault’s strategic decisions on implementing control, mobile interfaces, data connectivity, and path to autonomy. This role is critical in our continued success as software development and user interfaces are playing an increasingly more important role in our new product development.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Architect and implement the development process and drive best practices for our design, software release, production, testing, and quality assurance
- Conceptualize and proactively identify product opportunities that provide the best value to our customers and articulate that vision to drive the future roadmap for the development team
- Communicate and cultivate relationships with other teams internally (engineering, sales and marketing, purchasing, manufacturing, service, etc.) and externally (dealers and customers) for new product development and integration
- Develop strong market expertise regarding customer need, market viability, market potential, and product value proposition
- Stay informed on new technologies and their potential applications within agriculture
- Contribute to the professional development of yourself and the team
- Determine and prioritize product development and ensure the Electronics Development Team’s projects are executed in a timely, high-quality, measurable, and maintainable way
- Contribute to company events for deploying innovation and new technology for customer needs
To qualify, you will need 7+ years of hands-on software development experience, with 5+ years of proven leadership experience in product management, engineering, or product development. Experience with and a deep understanding of the agricultural industry is required.
The following will be strong assets in successfully performing this role:
- Degree in Engineering/CS or related field
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, empowering people, and motivating individuals and teams
- Ability to make things happen amidst ambiguity, complexity, and inter-dependencies in an organized and structured way
- Experience working within a formal software development and testing environment, and understanding of software architecture and lifecycle
- Strong understanding of ISO 11783, AEF, TIM, TC, AUX, and cross-platform UI development frameworks and related deployment tools
- Understanding of cloud data management, subscription-based services, and security protocol
As our ideal candidate, you have strong organizational skills and the capacity to excel both autonomously and collaboratively while leading a team. You possess effective interpersonal and communication skills, to develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders. Your critical and analytical thinking skills will be essential to tackle challenges and drive informed decision-making. If you revel in hands-on work within a self-directed setting, you will thrive in this position.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of our team, you can look forward to an attractive annual salary ranging from $118k-178k + performance-based bonus, based on skills and experience, plus great benefits, including:
- Performance-based pay increases and production bonus
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Relocation/rental subsidy (when applicable)
- Company-wide profit-sharing plan
- Fuel subsidy allowance
- Travel Insurance
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Individual Health Spending Account
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan with company-matching RRSP contributions
- Flex/time in lieu
- Annual Personal Protective Equipment allowance
- On-site fitness centers for employees and family members
- Career guidance/counseling
- Comprehensive Health & Safety Program
- Training & Educational Assistance
- Regular staff BBQs, holiday parties, and employee appreciation events!
If you are a critical thinker looking for a challenging and dynamic role within an innovative team – apply now!
Apply for the job now!