Job Position: Farm Hand Farm Labour Job
Location: Dalby, Toowoomba & Darling Downs QLD 4405, Australia
Employment type: Full Time
Salary: $28 – $40 per hour
Hey! You’re looking for a farm hand job in Australia.
A farm hand job is a job that is often done by an individual looking for farm work in Australia. The job usually entails being a farmhand and working on the farm, but can involve a wide variety of tasks such as working as part of a team of farm workers, caring for livestock, and doing tasks such as sowing, weeding, and harvesting. A farm hand job can be a temporary or permanent job.
As a farm hand, you are often expected to be physically active and have a strong back. You will need to be able to lift heavy objects and work with your hands. You will also need to be able to work long hours during the day and work through the night if necessary.
Farm Hand Farm Labour Job Company
Small family owned business with a focus on family and a safe work environment. Operating a range of late model equipment. We require someone with the ability to work alone or as part of a team with a focus on attention to detail. On the job training is provided if necessary. Remuneration package available, depending on experience.
Qualifications & experience
- Experienced with broadacre and irrigation with controlled traffic. Experience in planting and spraying is a must. HR licence (HC/MC preferred). Mechanically minded and able to weld a plus.
- Experience with Trimble GPS is an advantage.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Day to day operation of machinery for ground preparation, planting, fertilizing, spraying, and harvesting.
- Assist with both overhead and flood irrigation.
- Blanket and Weed spraying.
- Transport of grain to local depo.
- Day to day maintenance, daily checks, and general farm duties.
- On-farm earthworks.